Endless paths locked

Cyclonus

Question

Hi all,

I've got Pillars of eternity on GoG, if that matters. I recently cleared the 2nd level of the endless paths (the ogres), quicksaved and quit. Patched to the latest and reloaded.

When I tried to exit the endless paths, i found I could not go up to the stronghold by the main entrance and had to exit by the side exit (through the hand statue that leads out the cellar, if that makes sense ?) The floor with the hand statue had the map covered in fog again, and the monsters had respawned.

And now I can't get back in! The cellar door is locked, and I can't interact with the statue inside (I forgot her name, sorry!), and the door inside is locked requiring a key that I apparently don't have!

I hope what I said makes sense :/

This is my first run through, so if I really am missing a key or have forgotten something, please take pity on a newcomer and offer hints ;-)

If it's a bug.. well... is there a fix? I'd rather not start over just yet...

For what it's worth, I found this thread https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77190-endless-paths-locked-out/ but there doesn't seem to be a conclusion there?

Help please :)

7 answers to this question

I recall their being a rusty bronze key or something (found on level 1). I assumed that's what allowed me to access that door, but never confirmed it.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I recall their being a rusty bronze key or something (found on level 1). I assumed that's what allowed me to access that door, but never confirmed it.

Thanks! I'll look through level 1 again and hope it works again.

Didn't work  :(

I'm in the room with the statue, and the "wood" door is locked and requires a key. But if I recall correctly, the statue unlocks the door for me. Since I can't talk to her, I can't open the door at all.

Any suggestions ? Is there a way to edit my saved game or something? I'd prefer not to restart yet :(

Hi Cyclonus,

Could you please upload a save game of where this is happening to an external site such as Dropbox. I am unable to reproduce this issue on my end and would like to see what you are seeing so I can pass this issue off to the right people. 

Thanks.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Also, a workaround until this issue is resolved is to use the debug commands "iRoll20s" and then "UnlockAll" when in the Great Hall, although doing this will disable achievements (which I don't think is really an issue for GoG anyway). I hope that helps!

Hi Derek,

My save game is right here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/va1ioxsktyiw52f/df5185a3-3f9b-4449-a6ef-b3074d80af6c%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

As you can see, I'm not too far into the game, but still if it's possible not to restart everything, I'd prefer it..

I don't know if it's related to this issue or not, but I also have an icon appearing on one of my party member's "head" as if he wants to talk, but actually talking with him reveals nothing new (and the icon stays there). It's almost as if I got past some checkpoint in the game and the game recognized that, but after the patch, the checkpoint was pushed somewhere and the game doesn't know what to do about it lol. Hope that makes sense.

cRichards: Thanks for the tip! I suspect I'll end up doing what you suggested and hope it fixes things!