Q: Far from home - Twin Elms reputation?

Corejec

Question

Just a quick question - by completing the quest Far from home by returning the neklace and refusing the money - the guy says they will sing songs about me.

Then i check my reputation with Twin Elms and it is NEUTRAL.

Shouldn't the reputation be higher? Why did I sacrifice the 2000 coins?

What reputation would I have if I took the money and what rep would I have if I would not help Thristwn at all?

It looks like bug to me.

6 answers to this question

The reputation that is shown in the character log is broken down in descriptions like 'Neutral', 'Ally' and so on, but I'm pretty sure that the game treats reputation for each faction as a single (hidden) number, and the descriptions correspond to Intervalls on these numbers.

So you can imagine your reputation as a number between -100 and 100, where -100 is bad, 0 is neutral and 100 is good, where 0 is the starting number for every faction.

Let's assume the  description 'Neutral' has the range -15 to 15, then what happens is that when you start with 0 to Twin Elms and then probably get something like +5 / +10 from the quest, you're still inside -15 to 15 and the character log does not change. It just means that a lot of small impact or one large impact action are needed to change your displayed reputation. If you start slaughtering people in a faction, you'll see in the log that you lose reputation with everyone that dies, while your displayed title in the char log only changes every couple of kills.

Edited by Doppelschwert

As above said.

Also, not sure Twin Elms rep is used infact... it even has like 5 sub-reputations (more than Defiance Bay) which all seem to have 0 actual use ingame rather than just clogging your stats screen... :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

As above said.

Also, not sure Twin Elms rep is used infact... it even has like 5 sub-reputations (more than Defiance Bay) which all seem to have 0 actual use ingame rather than just clogging your stats screen... :/

As much as I like the system itself... it's incredibly under-used. It's too easy to get good reputation, and almost impossible to get negative reputation with most factions unless you're a murderous lunatic, and either way it doesn't matter nearly enough. Only thing that has ever stood out was once or twice in Gilded Vale or something, I think.

t50aJUd.jpg

Twin Elms reputation is used in a few quests there.  If you want negative rep, gain Berath's favor.  And it's not so hard to piss off House Doemenal either... :p

By the way, OP: if you had gained no favor with Twin Elms it wouldn't even show up on your screen; it's a scale, as Doppelschwert says.

Edited by Cybersquirt

The reputation that is shown in the character log is broken down in descriptions like 'Neutral', 'Ally' and so on, but I'm pretty sure that the game treats reputation for each faction as a single (hidden) number, and the descriptions correspond to Intervalls on these numbers.

So you can imagine your reputation as a number between -100 and 100, where -100 is bad, 0 is neutral and 100 is good, where 0 is the starting number for every faction.

Let's assume the  description 'Neutral' has the range -15 to 15, then what happens is that when you start with 0 to Twin Elms and then probably get something like +5 / +10 from the quest, you're still inside -15 to 15 and the character log does not change. It just means that a lot of small impact or one large impact action are needed to change your displayed reputation. If you start slaughtering people in a faction, you'll see in the log that you lose reputation with everyone that dies, while your displayed title in the char log only changes every couple of kills.

Thank you for answer. It crossed my mind that I gained some good reputation - but not enough to change the description of it. I just thought that it does not match what they said -"they will sing songs about you" - it soudned like a major reputation gain :-)

Thanks all of you for your observations on reputation.

It's just him using hyperbole. Also, there may be some that sing songs about you, but it's not enough to affect the faction as a whole.

There's a corner pub somewhere in the outskirts of Twin Elms, by the borders of Eír Glanfath, where some people are singing a lewd song about Corejec the Necklacer.

...that's.. that's actually a pretty killer moniker.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg