Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

Liana K and Mercedes Carrera DP. Thought you guys would like it.

http://youtu.be/j9L7JLnsruU

But what if her role and the basketball players roles were reversed? Would we be obliged to freak out if he said the line: "You don't have to look at me like that. There are worse things than an attractive man touching your body"?

No, there are worse things than an attractive man touching your body.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

...wanting demographics distribution in media to actually resemble reality

1) Promote, participate or create media that follows that ideology

2) Demand, censor, ban media that does not follow that ideology

Pick one.

OH MY GOD THE HORRIBLE VERISIMILITUDE AGENDA TAKE IT OUT OF MY GAMES

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

But what if her role and the basketball players roles were reversed? Would we be obliged to freak out if he said the line: "You don't have to look at me like that. There are worse things than an attractive man touching your body"?

Lets have some more fun.

Image instead of the story of Forrest Gump, but now as Florence Gump. Florence Gump is emotionally abused for decades by her Johnny and by today's standards, sexually abused in the middle of night after heroically claiming to know 'what love is'.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Lets have some more fun.

Image instead of the story of Forrest Gump, but now as Florence Gump. Florence Gump is emotionally abused for decades by her Johnny and by today's standards, sexually abused in the middle of night after heroically claiming to know 'what love is'.

I thought Forrest Gump was already widely seen as a horrible piece of media by the SJW bogeymen?

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Yes, I am sure that you can feel seething hate brewing in this forum. GG must be the lamest hate group ever, not managing chase one single woman from the internet yet :( No, GG stands for artistic freedom for the creators and the elimination of corrupt journalists that try to control the media.

Harlan Ellison says it better than most:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsbiB_4AEqI&feature=youtu.be&t=32

Well, it's funny because when i read Anne Wheaton's blog post, my first and only thought was that what happened to her was despicbale. And it doesn't matter what she said/did. But how did your reply? I guess it wasn't hate per se, but you can hardly call it love either. It was very passive-agressive. 

Pick one.

So the second alternative it is then. Please refer to Harlan Ellison from my previous post. It's really insightful and i recommend that you watch it :)

Thank you Bruce for making it a meme.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Pick one.

So the second alternative it is then. Please refer to Harlan Ellison from my previous post. It's really insightful and i recommend that you watch it :)

Insightful like the Sargon video, or actually insightful?

Yes, I am sure that you can feel seething hate brewing in this forum. GG must be the lamest hate group ever, not managing chase one single woman from the internet yet :( No, GG stands for artistic freedom for the creators and the elimination of corrupt journalists that try to control the media.

Harlan Ellison says it better than most:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsbiB_4AEqI&feature=youtu.be&t=32

Well, it's funny because when i read Anne Wheaton's blog post, my first and only thought was that what happened to her was despicbale. And it doesn't matter what she said/did. But how did your reply? I guess it wasn't hate per se, but you can hardly call it love either. It was very passive-agressive. 

I am a complicated person.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Pick one.

Insightful like the Sargon video, or actually insightful?

He tells what he thinks, as a sci-fi writer, on when people complain about his tone and use characters in his stories. Take it as you will.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Hm, for the latter one that tends to be an anti-GG thing

Liana K got a bit of hate for not having an opinion about Calgary. 

Reading some anti-GG sites some people really like to lay into her for trying to not be a zealot in the whole thing. GG just tends to spew bile at the other side, after all it is in their interest to be welcoming to neutrals I think, more than anti-GG who have some that really buy into this being a crusade against evil or something like that.

But as with all of this, nothing fits all as none of the parties involved are really a group in a proper sense.

As for Wheaton's tale of woe, that's pretty much old hat and er, what kind of 'love' are you expecting ? She doesn't read here, after all, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He tells what he thinks, as a sci-fi writer, on when people complain about his tone and use characters in his stories. Take it as you will.

Okay, it was actually blissfully short, so that's a plus.

Nice strawman at 1:45.

I find myself in complete agreement with the "we're entitled to our informed opinions" part. Although it's a funny example of doublethink when people who supposedly nod along vigorously at this quote have no problem bashing feminism based on the most cursory understanding of it (or, to be more cynical, based on other people's opinions based on a most cursory understanding).

That said, insulting your own audience? Way to go, Mr. Ellison. Incidentally, isn't the very same thing what allegedly sparked gamergate?

Entertainment media needs to serve its customers. Not "represent reality".

...And you people wonder why "entitled man-children" is the go-to insult of anti-GG.

"WHO CARES ABOUT REALITY I JUST WANT YOU TO SAY WHAT I WANT TO HEAR BWWAAAAAA"

As for Wheaton's tale of woe, that's pretty much old hat and er, what kind of 'love' are you expecting ? She doesn't read here, after all, heh.

I expect people to have some empathy and compassion. 

Pfeh, who needs that feminine bull****.

I'll quote Liana, she said it perfectly i think. 

"I am so sick of the concept of ethics being used as a weapon by people who don't the first thing about morals."

https://twitter.com/redlianak/status/592513819026526209

Weaponized Ethics, lol.

I find myself in complete agreement with the "we're entitled to our informed opinions" part. Although it's a funny example of doublethink when people who supposedly nod along vigorously at this quote have no problem bashing feminism based on the most cursory understanding of it (or, to be more cynical, based on other people's opinions based on a most cursory understanding).

That said, insulting your own audience? Way to go, Mr. Ellison. Incidentally, isn't the very same thing what allegedly sparked gamergate?

He insulted mr. Johnson, the midget. Not his audience.

Here's Bill Hicks insulting his audience: 

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

."And you people wonder why "entitled man-children" is the go-to insult of anti-GG."

What's hilarious that there are more women and minorities who are pro GG than anti GG. LMAO

"Pfeh, who needs that feminine bull****."

Why are you sexist?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Mr. Johnson, who's supposedly a member of his audience, having read at least one of his stories.

So people need to post some obvious stuff like "That's bad" in response to that, then ? Her missing the Navy SEAL meme was a bit funny, though. Just seems late to the party of Twitter abuse, it's not as if she is somehow special at this point.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Mr. Johnson, who's supposedly a member of his audience, having read at least one of his stories.

You do realize you're digging quite a hole here?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

...And you people wonder why "entitled man-children" is the go-to insult of anti-GG.

Some sort of irony about this post.

This is just more projection. The entire social justice in media movement is about being entitled to representation.

The representation of someone like me in western media (a Russian) is ****. If I was being entitled I would be on the other side.

Edited by Fighter

That's Mr. Johnson who probably lied. Or maybe didn't read any of the book. If Mr. Ellison was accurate when it comes to the who midgit thing. If you are a a member of the audience who accuses  the entertainer of soemthing and that accusation is blatantly false the entertainer has every right to call you out on it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.