I  am sure I am not the only person disapointed to learn that characters are limited to a max number of experience points.  I feel like I am being penalied becuase I strive to find everythings and do all of the quests, at least the ones that are not mutually exclusive.

Now, I am only part way through act II.  I have 4 new bounties, and other side quests and all of my characters are maxed out..  Seems like there is no reason to bother now, since I have nothing to gain....  If I knew in advance there would be an artifical limit, I would not have search out to try to do everything... I may not have even bought the game, since I am not sure if I will bother finishing it now.

I am very disappointed...

You don't have to be - 12th level basically Rick-rolls everything in the game!

But yeah, it is really easy to get to 12th level before anywhere near the end.  Especially if you do the Stronghold Bounties (which basically level you for each one you turn in!).

If you do your Warden in the Stronghold first, then bounties, then Endless Paths, you will roll through everything else in the game.

Yeah, experience being broken is a pretty well-known fact around the boards by now, especially after they decided to bump the bonus for absent party members up from 5% to 10% (when honestly, there shouldn't be a bonus at all).

You cap out at 12 long, long, long before the end, if you are anything remotely resembling a completionist by any measure.

t50aJUd.jpg

I am cetainly a "completionist" for sure.  I take copious notes in my own journal as I go trying to make sue I did not miss anything.  now I have this feeling that it is all lost its point.   I have not played fo several days, as I am struggling with this....  It may not matter to some folks, but this really bother me, I am "accomplishment" driven, and now I can no longer improve.   ** sigh **

Bounty XP is the major culprit - they are far, far too big. If you skip bounty and endless paths, for example, then you reach level 12 at a reasonable point nearing the end of the game. 

Of course, that's no excuse; XP gain / etc should be rebalanced in 1.05. 

For now, you can install IE mod and just enable 25% extra XP needed for level ups. IE mod is modular so you don't have to use any of their other components. I just use the XP mod and some UI tweaks.