Hello, I have problems defeating Lord Raedric and his Fampyr goons on top of Raedric's Hold as part of the quest "The Champion of Berath".

I already turned down the difficulty and tried out different party members and went leveling in the meantime, to no effect :/

Does anybody know any good strategies for this encounter?

Thank you in advance :)

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

It count it as a quest you're not supposed to complete immediately. Return later when you feel you're strong enough. As in Baldur's Gate 2, where you return to some nasty enemies at a later time, too, such as after leaving the Underdark.

At normal difficulty, my entire party is at level 9 only. Durance knows two level 5 spells, not the level 6 spell that could be helpful. It took around 10 seconds for the Fampyrs to eliminate Durance and Aloth while keeping two others charmed. It could be that at increased difficulty the party would have gained more experience and would be at a higher level. Of course I noticed their low Burn damage resistance, but the fight was lost too soon, I decided to quit and not retry.

• 1 month later...

There is a nice chokepoint there right at the entrance, use 2 tanks(fighter + chanter) to block it. The rest should be spellcasters on your backline droping aoe crowd control spells at the vamps. For example, you have a wizard, druid, priest and cypher all these have aoe cc. As soon as combat starts use all your aoe cc abilities after that you can nuke them. If for any "wierd" reason your party doesn't have casters/nukers/cc then I would sugest you need to balance your party composition first unless you are creating a party fully for roleplaying in that case not much can be done. The main idea is that you need to  cc the vamps as soon as possible then nuke them, so you need to include in your party some of the clases that can achieve that. 

1. Make sure your wizard is the one with lowest will save in your team.

2. Cast 4th level spell Minor Arcane Reflection as soon as the battle begin.

3. Watch the Fampyrs charm themselves.

4. Win.

Edited by adaxe

There is a nice chokepoint there right at the entrance, use 2 tanks(fighter + chanter) to block it. The rest should be spellcasters on your backline droping aoe crowd control spells at the vamps. For example, you have a wizard, druid, priest and cypher all these have aoe cc. As soon as combat starts use all your aoe cc abilities after that you can nuke them. If for any "wierd" reason your party doesn't have casters/nukers/cc then I would sugest you need to balance your party composition first unless you are creating a party fully for roleplaying in that case not much can be done. The main idea is that you need to  cc the vamps as soon as possible then nuke them, so you need to include in your party some of the clases that can achieve that. 

This is key.  Also, IMO, it's a good idea to drop a nice 4th level priest Flame Seal spell in front of your tanks to soften up the enemy as they get closer.

Ciphers are great in this battle if only for a single reason.  Use their 2nd level spell Mental Binding to paralyze any charmed team mates and possibly any enemies near them.  Best way to quickly disable your charmed ones without doing any damage to them.

This really was a challenging, but fun battle.

this battle were harder the second time we played poe.  our first play were with a priest o' wael player, and we had durance in party.  as with most every battle, we had a searing seal and repulsing seal cast before battle at accuracy levels near guaranteed to crit as both durance and our pc had max mechanics. searing seal does predictable crit burn damage and blinds nearly all foes just as combat starts? we put the repulsing seal underneath our squishies, so in case they got attacked or charmed, they would be protected or knocked outta the fight. durance cast the charm/domination protection at start of battle, and our pc cast shining beacon.  'course even with charm protection, grieving mother got charmed before she could use amplified wave, which made us sad for half a second or so.  grieving mother were prone thanks to our seal. both durance and our pc had scion o' flame talent, which at the time did not buff our searing seal, but it did add to shining beacon.  am not recalling what aloth cast... didn't matter. our typical opening were slicken followed by ryngrim's terror or miasma o' dull mindedness.  not particular sexy spells, but the will debuffs made our priest spells all the more likely to crit.  our pc's holy radiance were doing near 100 burn damage to vessels and our shining beacon were ~145 burn over 12 seconds.  

were not a difficult battle.  am pretty sure we used one or two pillar o' flames to finish things.  we mighta' thrown in a divine mark to debuff and burn raedric.

our second play had a paladin tank pc, and while we only needed one try to win, we did see half our squad get knocked out.  the paladin pc were functional unkillable and unhittable, but the same could not be said o' the rest o' our party.  am pretty sure durance actual got knocked out once as well, but we had him in upgraded saint's war scale precisely 'cause we thought he might need the second chance benefit. hiravias' relentless storm were likely the difference 'tween a wipe and victory.  grieving mother were, once again, our first casualty.

third play were a rogue and we used multiple traps and scrolls to make the battle manageable.  eder were tanking, but we gave him the altered hand and key breastplate for the loyal quality for max charm and domination protection.  

lesson learned: priests is win.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Actually, you don't need to worry about charm/domination spell from Fampyrs or Vithracks as long as you have a lv 7 wizard in your team.

But what if...your wizard is charmed or dominated? Lul

That's the point. Wiz can reflect it back with (minor) arcane reflection.

Actually, you don't need to worry about charm/domination spell from Fampyrs or Vithracks as long as you have a lv 7 wizard in your team.

But what if...your wizard is charmed or dominated? Lul

That's the point. Wiz can reflect it back with (minor) arcane reflection.

Damn I've never thought of that.