If my ironman druid dies again, I will try these nudist ways of yours, oh longknife. 

My monk will always be ready for some many-on-ones.

Just get Torment's Reach as your first skill. Any time you have Wounds? Spam it. Monk punches fast so be ready to pause a lot, but spam that thing and ANYONE will die.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

So much trolling going on, like people don't know what an appreciation thread is.

I'd think an appreciation thread would be the perfect place to troll, because opinion would tend to be so combustible.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I have not played monk but my fear is that playing any class that relies on taking damage to perform his / her role in the group will get pwned on PotD when mobs hit rediculously hard. I've heard that a lot of monks run naked to generate wounds faster and attack faster respectively... if this is the case they will get butt-hurt on PotD hardcore... as I stated though, I've never played a monk so maybe these concerts are unfounded due to something I've not thought of.

People who run monks in light/no armor are playing them wrong (at least if they are playing them as an offtank/tank). The trick is to figure out how to balance their wound gain rate with the speed they can offload wounds and as a tank in PoTD (I played one solo to act 3) the real trick is to switch out armor depnding on your fight. I wear heavy plate most of the time and it works great, i gain wounds roughly at the same rate as im able to spam torrents reach, in easier fights i might switch out to medium armor to speed things up but I would almost never consider going with light armor because there is no way you can offload your wounds as fast as you will be gaining them.

Note that it is possible to play monks differently but I think they are at their greatest potential as a front line tank with as much damage mitigation as possible. I think the guides are all very misleading in saying you want them to take damage because as a frontline fighter they will be taking damage anyway, you want to slow down that damage as much as possible so you can fully utilize the wounds you gain

Edited by Ceranai

So much trolling going on, like people don't know what an appreciation thread is.

I'd think an appreciation thread would be the perfect place to troll, because opinion would tend to be so combustible.

Combustible, and then you add Wizards!  Big badda boom!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I'm playing a monk in padded armor and punching people. I'm still far ahead the rest of the pack, and that includes Aloth with his area spells and Grieving Mother with Ectopsychic Echo. This is on Hard. Spamming Torment's Reach is one viable strategy, but a monk can be a front line disabler and still deal very high damage. People who insist on spamming Torrent's Reach are narrow-mindedm as PotD fans often are.

I use 3 active skills, torment's reach, force of anguish, and flaggalent's path, the last being my favorite.  I do spam torment's reach a lot, but only when the situation can be rectified by killing stuff faster.  It's honestly more fun to knock a target across the map, then teleport to him, then spam torment's reach on him, but that takes a lot of wounds, lol.