Really? A Game stopper at the end of the game?

drone1066

Question

I'm nearly in tears--mostly from rage--that I've played a ton of hours, end up defeating Thaos (I do not wish to try that one again) and, after wading through 40 pounds of Kant 101 at the end, looking forward to ending the game and checking out my well-earned slide but...

my party's stuck. No, literally, standing over Thaos corpse, with only the stupid wolf functioning, and.....well, game over. Thanks!

It's been a long time since I've seen a game released with a game stoppier at the end of the game! I guess this is retro after all, because this smacked of Bethesda circa Buggerfall.

I hate you forever for this. And now I can't play this again because I have no confidence it will end properly. Oh, and you just terminated the consequences of about 50 hours of game play. You should all shoot yourselves, but you'd probably screw that up, too.

Edit: Ignore the sarcastic nastiness in the last para (I''m sure you will anyway). That was maximally frustrating. Nevertheless, there is no excue for this at all. There needs to be an autosave immediately upon Thaos' termination to prevent something like this.

Edited by drone1066
  • Like 1

8 answers to this question

And now I can't play this again because I have no confidence it will end properly.

I could voluntarily test your save game to check whatever the bug is permament or a one-timer. Please upload your save before Thaos if you want to.

Edited by omegabet

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"

Hey drone1066,

There are two auto saves before the Thaos fight. One just after the dialogue ends with him and one just before you jump into the pit at Burial Isle. That being said, if you attach your save we can figure out exactly what went wrong and try to correct it.

• Like 1

I'm over the initial misery now. Well, I don't think it was a bug. It was an optimization issue. I rebooted, reloaded at the fight, fortunately won again (I was worried I wouldn't beat the dude twice!), and no problems. Sailed right through. After checking my resource usage log, my rig looked choked up badly. Reloaded again, did the fight, lost that fight (:)) and then rinsed and repeated until I won again and, sailed right through again. Sorry for the drama, but you gotta admit if there's aplace you're going to lock up in a game, that might be the asolute worst.

Reminds me of IceWind Dale 1, where the game also locked up on me when I defeated the final boss... :/

Just a small question, you couldn't save at that moment either? Since you could move the pet? Generally save+reload would be my first instinct to try...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee