How to pronounce Ixamitl

Is this a backer NPC name?

It's a country....or whatever the hell people in the Pillars universe have.

It's a field or something where a bunch of Orlans and humans dance around naked, farming and ****.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Is this a backer NPC name?

It's a field or something where a bunch of Orlans and humans dance around naked, farming and ****.

So it's basically the music video to Safety Dance?

My next character is so from there.

the name sounds meso-american. might be inspired by some Aztec/Olmec/Mayan name. i guess if you try to spell it like some meso-american name it may be easier? if you ever played one of the civ games, some of those pre-columbian nations had similar city names. even if you never played civ games you probably heard some of the more prominent names like "Tenochtitlan" or "Chichen Itza" in some context (i'm sure i made at least one spelling mistake in one of the two name ;) ).

not really sure from the in-game lore if there is a connection to those cultures, though.

The name is definitely based on Mesoamerican languages, esp. Nahuatl (the language of the Aztecs) - there is even a very similar word in real Nahuatl (Ixamatl, apparently meaning "map" :D).

As a Nahuatl word, it would be pronounced something like "ishámatjl" (difficult to render with English orthography; IPA for tl is tɬ ).

As scrotiemcb said, however, Kana Rua pronounces the word and clearly says "iks-".

Also, Ixamitl doesn't really have anything to do with Mesoamerican culture, except the name.

• Like 2

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!