Poverty for the poor LSers

One of the biggest problems that I had encountered while playing KOTOR was that money shortage was a constant problem, especially near end game where those fancy items on the station in the Yavin system was concerned. Now I understand that good deeds should satisfy the people who choose the LS path but can the developers seriously consider making some side quests that doesn't leave the players a poor bum on the verge of being broke?

One of the biggest problems that I had encountered while playing KOTOR was that money shortage was a constant problem, especially near end game where those fancy items on the station in the Yavin system was concerned.  Now I understand that good deeds should satisfy the people who choose the LS path but can the developers seriously consider making some side quests that doesn't leave the players a poor bum on the verge of being broke?

Never really found money to be a problem. Rule #1, only sell stuff on Yavin. He gives way better prices when selling stuff. Ended up with 100.000 credits or so when shopping there in the end. And I was big spender during the the game :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What did you need to buy? I found enough stuff to stay equipped and didn't have any problems slaughtering everything I met.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Whoa, you guys put me to shame with the amount of money you were able to conserve. I used up most of my money on weapons, grenades, etc. In the end I couldn't buy some of the crystals that I had wanted on the Yavin station, not to mention any of the items there.

I forgot to mention that the problem was consistent throughout the game for me, I did end up with a decent amount in the end but I needed the money back mid-way in the game.

I forgot to mention that the problem was consistent throughout the game for me, I did end up with a decent amount in the end but I needed the money back mid-way in the game.

Like I mentioned before, save all equipment if you can and then sell it to the Rodian on Yavin station, he pays up to double the price when selling stuff. Don't waste money on grenades, you don't get enough bang for your buck if you actually buy them. Don't waste money repair parts and spikes. There is plenty to go around for the few cases where you really need them. Most problems can be solved with your lightsaber some way or other. Never buy healing kits, including the "droid" ones, antidote etc. Make sure at least one of your jedi's have cure/heal forcepowers. The armour and weapons you can buy are not worth the money the merchants ask for them (compared to the equipment you should have by then)... B)

Before you know it, you are Darth Gates and can buy Yavin Station (ok, exaggerating a bit)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The armour and weapons you can buy are not worth the money the merchants ask for them (compared to the equipment you should have by then)...

heh, all those credits they ask for armour and you get Calo Nord's for free. OK, you have to kill him but that isn't a problem. I gave that to Canderous. he used it ever since.

The armour and weapons you can buy are not worth the money the merchants ask for them (compared to the equipment you should have by then)...

heh, all those credits they ask for armour and you get Calo Nord's for free. OK, you have to kill him but that isn't a problem. I gave that to Canderous. he used it ever since.

I used it myself, force poweres are for puswha's, I was first and always a warrior.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Whoa,  you guys put me to shame with the amount of money you were able to conserve.  I used up most of my money on weapons, grenades, etc.  In the end I couldn't buy some of the crystals that I had wanted on the Yavin station, not to mention any of the items there. 

I made all my money selling granades, mines (many of which i disarmed myself) and powerups of all kinds.

Since my main Jedi could chop his enemies to peices within seconds, who needed any of them ?!?

Pazaak playing on Yavin aslo gave me lots of credits, as well as winning the swoop race on Mannan.

As for lightside being poorer then dark side, i don't think there was much to be made by keeping all the rewards. Indeed, it felt kinda of stupid for my DS character to bust his balls stealing 50 credits from a helpless victim with 200.000 credits in his pocket... ;)

Grenades are only useful at the start of the game for getting rid of the Rancor (for extra EXP typically) and Bendark starkiller (If level <3, IE saving levels). Otherwise they are pretty much completely useless.

Just sell everything (blasters, mines, grenades etc) except for your plasma mines. They are rather useful to cheese malak with.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

The Depot Station in the Yavin system

I went through the game on the lightside and since i did swoop races i was never worring about money. I remember that right before i went to a shop place or whatever and i had so much money i bought 200 health packs and like 40-50 advanced health packs and about 10 life support packs and some armour and i still had alot of money.

Health packs are a waste of cash. So are grenades and mines. There are one or two really good pieces of equipment from certain people, the station on yavin, the premium item shop on korriban and get the Yusani's Brand from the shop in front of the Ebon Hawk on Tatooine. If you win the swoop race on tatooine and sell it at Yavin you get 154 per bond, rather than 60 if you sell it anywhere else. You will get RICH.

You get enough health packs, repair packs and MORE than enough grenades, mines, computer spikes and repair parts throughout the game, you dont need to buy any more.

If you win the swoop race on tatooine and sell it at Yavin you get 154 per bond, rather than 60 if you sell it anywhere else. You will get RICH.

yeah, that makes a huge difference. The first time I played I didn't sell those bonds at Yavin so I couldn't go crazy and buy everything I wanted, but the second time I did and managed to equip the entire party with premium items. quite unbalancing actually, to receive a large amount of cash so quickly. It would be better if Yavin station had never existed, imo.

You get enough health packs, repair packs and MORE than enough grenades, mines, computer spikes and repair parts throughout the game, you dont need to buy any more.

That needs to change. the amount of medpacs you get during the game is ridiculous.