Marten, can you please give me the specifics of this build? Stats, skills, etc? I would very much like to try this build. Thanks!!

Attributes are in the first post, here are abilities and talents, but consider this a theoritical build - I'm only level 4 in my solo game with this. Biggest problem is that hardest part is before Caed Nua and until then this build doesn't have its main prosH8FgYK0.png

Maybe I am just clueless, but I can't seem to find your attributes are posted. I am very curious what your starting stats were at character creation. I would very much like to try this build.

Aww, my bad. Sorry

I took Aumaua, max Might, Resolve, Perception. Put the rest in Condition. Dex and Int are dump stats.

So, 

20 might

18 resolve

10 in the rest ?

or go under 10 in int/dex for increased perception ?

Yeah, 3 int/dex

Marten, can you please give me the specifics of this build? Stats, skills, etc? I would very much like to try this build. Thanks!!

Attributes are in the first post, here are abilities and talents, but consider this a theoritical build - I'm only level 4 in my solo game with this. Biggest problem is that hardest part is before Caed Nua and until then this build doesn't have its main prosH8FgYK0.png

Maybe I am just clueless, but I can't seem to find your attributes are posted. I am very curious what your starting stats were at character creation. I would very much like to try this build.

Aww, my bad. Sorry

I took Aumaua, max Might, Resolve, Perception. Put the rest in Condition. Dex and Int are dump stats.

So, 

20 might

18 resolve

10 in the rest ?

or go under 10 in int/dex for increased perception ?

Dump usually means drop to the lowest value. So 20 MIT, 18 RES, 18 PER, and 13 CON with 4 in INT and DEX, I think.

• Like 1

Better to make retal monk tbh.

I'm curious, does anyone know f this build will work for a monk? Can someone give me a fire retal monk build? Thanks ahead of time.

You don't need fire godlike for a monk. Just that pain passive that does aoe dmg each time you get hit. Many hits = many aoes.

My race of preference as of late is pale elf for flat +10 fire +10 cold DR

Edited by Killyox

Ok, so i decided to do some tests with  rogue tank. 

Hearth Orlean, base stats at level 12

http://i.imgur.com/ysLKisw.jpg

Every rogue here is missing (they were done in tavern and i was too lazy to add every talent):

Galvain's Boon - +1 Mig

Blooded Hunter - +1 Slash and Pierce DR

Song of the Heavens - +1 Per, +2 Shock DR

Dungeon Delver - + 0,1 Crit Damage multiplier (it's not gonna be visible anyway)

Gift from the Machine - +1 Mig, 1,05 Max End multiplier

Mob Justice - +5 Acc

OR

The Merciless Hand - +0.3 Crit Damage multiplier (it's not gonna be visible anyway)

OR

Second Skin - +2 DR

Equipement (best stuff i had before jumping into Breith Eaman, if you have something better please post):

Dandy Hat of the Diseased Yak - +2 Res, -1 Int

Lilith's Shawl - +3 Per

Sanguine Plate - +2 Dex, Superb 

Rabbit Fur Gloves - +0,1 Crit Damage multiplier (it's not gonna be visible anyway) (Spirit Spiral - 1,05 Melee Damage multiplier are another option, on Oidreacht only +1 max damage)

Ring of Deflection - +10 Deflection

Pensiavi Mes Rei - +3 Mig

Boots of Stability (vs push/prone, idk if Bile Stompers are not better with +5 Corrode DR)

Gridle of Eotun Constitution - +3 Con

Draining Weapons (i add Corrosive when possible on my weapons):

Tidefall (Great Sword) - Superb, Corrosive

Purgatory (Sabre) - Superb, Corrosive + Little Savior - Superb (+25 Def and no Acc loss)

Oidhreacht (Stiletto) - Superb, Corrosive + Little Savior - Superb (+25 Def and no Acc loss)

Edge of Reason (Battle Axe) - Superb, Corrosive + Little Savior - Superb (+25 Def and no Acc loss)

Edge of Reason and Oidhreacht still have 2 enchant points (can take any Slaying Enchant except Kith). I didn't test The Rose of Salthollow (Superb, Corrosive) because imo there is no point in using it if you have Tidefall. 

Stats with eq and talents/skills (all modals ON, no other buffs):

Tidefall

http://i.imgur.com/iDaEFOJ.jpg

Purgatory + Little Savior

http://i.imgur.com/QE2QZJw.jpg

Oidhreacht + Little Savior

http://i.imgur.com/ilP70Tz.jpg

Edge of Reason + Little Savior

http://i.imgur.com/nqwmaZm.jpg

For testing i did solo runs in Breith Eaman (last place with mobs for me, clearing Defiance Bay was way too easy):

1) Tidefall - Low Deflection and verry slow attacks. Way too low dex imo.

2) Purgatory + Little Savior - amazing, with buffs from the rest of the party - invincible.

3) Oidhreacht + Little Savior - Endurance gain is low but with proper buffs it cant be pretty solid. Slaying enchant available.

4) Edge of reason + Little Savior - almost the same as with Purgatory (with lower damage). Slaying enchant available.

Imo, rogue tank could be fun to play with. Focus on damaging talents at start, switch to tanking mode after Riposte. Getting the proper gear might take some time (Ruffian is the best option here, Oidhreacht drops on the first level in Od Nua, switch to Purgatory after that). I could switch few damaging talents for more Deflection but we have warrior tanks for that.

Moon Godlike is another option (+1 dex and int are useless, healing is not that great too). 

Edited by Looms

Just for your information I am currently running two chars through solo PotD. One Fire God Like barb and one Moon Like. Fire God Like is after 2 Act so I can speak more for him.

Build: You want to have highest Might, INT and CON. You Can lower DEX as much as you want, it does not matter at all. You can also lower Perception as much as you want to put those points into Resolve to get bonuses to Will and Concentration. Reflex is not so important.

Fire-God Like vs Moon God Like problem: with Fire-God like you have to play really smart to lvl 5. Lack of heal is HUGE problem. And it is sometimes frustrating. You have to abuse every bottleneck and items.

Fire-God like for good fun I reccommend for solo POTD. However if you are going for triple Crown I suggest Moon Like. His heal is OP. It will carry you till you get first retalitaion item and OSA.

Skills:

- Frenzy

- Defiance

- Stalwart Defiance

- Blooded

- Weapon and Shield talent

- Scion of Flame (Fire God Like)

- One Stand Alone (get it on lvl 5 ASAP)

- Brute Force

- Wild Sprint

- Vulnerable Attack (5 DR applies to Battle-Forge and Carnage)

- Weapon Focus: any (Accuracy is important)

Optional:

- Threatining Pressence (super synergy with Brute Force and Carnage)

- Thick-Skinned (super synergy with Battle-Forged)

- Dual Style (for faster attack)

- Any Deflection skills

GEAR:

- Sura Shield

- Sanguine Armor (stack with shield)

- Hiro's Cape (only if you can get it, stack with shield, not with armor)

- Ring with Second Chance (synergy with Battle-Forge and Fire-God Like)

- Ring of Deflection

- Blunting Belt

- Whatever gloves you feel best.

- MOST BROKEN: Animancer Boots: granting Jolting Touch spell 3x per rest!!!!!! NOTE: This spell is only spell in-game that is counter as melee. So it get bonuses FROM EVERY BARBARIAN SKILL!! (Carnage, blooded, OSA etc). You can cast this spell INSTANT from boots (takes longer from scrolls) and OHK big groups of enemies. I personally used it on like 10 Druid Ogres in some cave and scored even 168 damage!! I just anihilated them.

- Every summon figure you can get. You will need it for Thaos fight.

- Weapon of your choice, however you need Draining. So I personally recommend weapon focus: Ruffian. Which gives us Clubs, Silettos and Sabers. In each category you can find Draining weapons and it covers Smash, Pierce and Slash damages. My favourite weapon group so far for Barb. And Blesca's Labor imo best weapon in game for solo since it is Superb, has great accuracy bonuses, Draining and more accuracy and damage when enemy is flanked (summons!).

Tips: craft/buy/find as much Jolting Touch scrolls as you can early on. Craft heal potions a lot. DO NOT ENGAGE PERMA STUN MOBS WITHOUT EITHER: a) bottle neck so ony one hit you in melee and kill all his friends behind him b) Wild Spring talent so you can rush in the middle of them to insta-gib them with retalitation/Jolting Touch.

Now retalitaion item: your build shines full when you get first retalitaion item. I got Sanguine Armor first and I can tell you how to do it easly: you need at least one summon and at least 2-3 Jolting Touch Scrolls.

When you are on bridge (quest with Sanguine Armor), use summon to distract enemies, turn on Defiance (or not, it cost time) and use Wild Spring to get to group of enemies and cast Jolting Touch ON LEAST ARMORED TARGET so you have biggest chances to hit them. You should kill them instantly with it and you have armor.

Question: Fire God Like vs Moon God Like- it is simple. Fire= more fun, more Bererker like (droping below 50% means ARMAGGEDON! risky) Moon= more OP tank, but does not feel like barbarian at all :/. When you are below 50% Endurance most enemies usually are already dead if you have two retalitaion items. Howeer once burn damage hits- they just vaporize. 2x Retalitaion damge plus burn gives about (in some fights= 150 total damage per sec per hit. Abuse bottles necks!

Problem is with chain paralyze/stun enemies. As Moon you have chance to out heal damage if you are not in melee range. As a Fire-God like you will MUCH MORE rely on potions, magical items with heal and Defiance.

If you can get Hiro's Cape and Sura Shield, you can probably use better armor since Cape and Shield should stack retalitation. So you can get something better.

For last boss you can you this tactic: it works as long as you have summon and lot of potions and Draining weapon with shield. Retalitaion won't help that much but it is always additional damage. ABUSE FALNKING BONUSES and trap to insta kill Thaos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GkU_V3gKVM&feature=youtu.be

If you have any questions- let me know :).

Cheers!

Edited by Voltron

I'll resume the post couz I want to give some feedback about this build:

I restarted a 6man potd run (no cheese pull, I wanna cc/tank the whole thing and I'm at my 3rd run atm and It's still not easy :p )

My 6 man party set up

Moon Fighter Tank - retaliation toon number 1

Moon Rogue Off Tank - retaliation toon number 2 - the build of this topic more or less ;)

Wild Orlan Baba - Melee 2h DPS - Not too min/maxed since it will not use retaliation but still fine

Wood Elf Rogue - Ranged DPS - Hunting Bow High interrupt build concept

Wood Elf Priest - Support / Ranged DPS - Magran for Arquebus feat

Island Aumaua - Ranged DPS - Blunderbuss / weapon switch Build

Let me say that I'm quite impressed on the overall DPS of the rogue in heavy armor + shield, even before retaliation items will be add into consideration he's in my top 3 DPS meter without any problems at the beginning of act 2 with all the side quests done.

I'll start checking how this work when I'll got my 2 retaliation items for fighter + rogue.

The main problem for this set up is, the way I see it, that maybe an off tank Fire Baba + a Melee DPS rogue (not using retaliation then) could be better damage. 

Going for an off tank rogue force you to play a "standard" melee DPS barbarian but I feel like that class can be much, much better while off tanking for maximum party damage output.

OR maybe I should just run 3 rogues in my party (off tank/melee DPS/ranged DPS) couz I love this class ;)

Anyway I have totally dropped PALADIN has choice for my runs. I love the class concept and I have tried to min/max it more then a lot of ppl out of there but, let's be honest, it's much worst then any other class that can be viable as an off tank, at least ATM.

Finally, I would like to discuss the stats that my Off Tank Rogue has.

Might 19

Cos 10

Dex 10

Per 18

Int 4

Res 18

I think that constitution is an horrible stats overall unless you have an high % of base end from the class (IMO only barbarian and fighter) so points are better used elsewhere. You still don't want to dump it but I doubt I would consider investing points here unless I'm in a solo run.

Intelligence is the dump stat of the class for sure, not even close no matter role your rogue is going for.

Edited by B4nJ0