I really appreciate this game

So here's a positive post.

I made this account specifically to reply to the vast majority of this forums negative comments.  Although some might be warranted, people usually only get on a forums to complain, painting an unusually negative picture of reality.  With the small amount of cash they were given to make this game, I am thoroughly impressed with how much content and production has gone into this game.  I'm 40+ hours in and I'm still in act 2.  I will probably play this game over not just for the expansion they're making, but to get a different flavor with the different companions and play a different class.

Thanks for making this game.  I look forward to the upcoming expansion!

• Like 7

So here's a positive post.

I made this account specifically to reply to the vast majority of this forums negative comments.  Although some might be warranted, people usually only get on a forums to complain, painting an unusually negative picture of reality.  With the small amount of cash they were given to make this game, I am thoroughly impressed with how much content and production has gone into this game.  I'm 40+ hours in and I'm still in act 2.  I will probably play this game over not just for the expansion they're making, but to get a different flavor with the different companions and play a different class.

Thanks for making this game.  I look forward to the upcoming expansion!

I'm also about 40+ hours in, and I'm still enjoying every second 8)

See I never got to have that magical feeling of being blown away and totally sucked into a world and forget about reality that so many people said of their first time playing bg and iwd and pst when they came out. I got to play them a few years ago for the first time and while they were good games, they never really griped me with the whole package. Playing wasteland 2 and divinity sin are good games but again don't pull me in. I can play them and enjoy but put them down whenever I want.

Pillars of eternity.....pillars basically slapped me, grabbed me and frenched kissed me and then pull me completely in and made sweet love to my imagination. Yep.

Getting up in age and with working all the time and real life stress and 4 kids...u can eventually start to lose that hunger and excitement that new games or even good games used to give you. It seems like the first time in soooo long that a game makes me excited to leave work and have the kids go to bed so I can lose precious hours to play. When I'm playing it, I have to pull myself away and even find the desire to just go without sleep and play all night even though it's kill you the next day at work and u are perfectly okay with that.

So yeah, if u haven't noticed, I'm reply enjoying pillars and I whole heartily am appreciative of this masterpiece (don't care what ur opinion is. Ur entitled to ur own and I'm entitled to being fanatically in love with this game :) ) they have gifted upon us. A cool glass of water in the middle of the desert.

• Like 1

After a decade of mediocre RPG games, we got

Wasteland 2

Legend of Grimrock 2

Divinity Original Sin

Shadowrun

Pillars of Eternity

and soon Tides of Numenera :D

Thanks  KickstarteR!!!

• Like 1

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

After a decade of mediocre RPG games

Hey, now

Morrowind and Kotor (2003)

Kotor 2 (2004)

Jade Empire (2005) (I liked it)

Mass Effect 1 (2007)

Legend of Grimrock (2012)

Really it was just that dark era from 2007 to 2012

Edited by dirigible

Great game.  I would put it as my RPG of the year.  No, I don't think the Witcher 3 will top it but YMMV, and I doubt Torment Tides of Numenera will be out this year and InXile will have to up their game IMHO.  < no pun intended.  

• Like 1