My Feedback on the Game after 50 hours.

Rogues get extra damage against all kinds of status effects. A rogue and a cipher, working together, can get some crazy amounts of damage going. Ciphers actually have more than one power that targets an ally, and effects enemies from there--the one that does pierce damage and pushes enemies back is one of my favorite, as I use it to save my priest and mage from enemies that broke engagement all the time so that my fighter and barbarian can re-take it (the fighters Into the Fray works well with this).

I do believe Cipher is actually the one class I would of really enjoyed because it has more depth than other classes, I believe Cipher is the only class that really stood out in this game. 

Yeah, that'd be awesome. More depth is always good--but there is a lot of depth there already. What you just pointed out about the Paladins and Priests is one example of how class and reputation interact together with combat in a way that provides realism and great roleplaying. The mechanics themselves--the numbers and charts and such--can be exactly as deep or as shallow as you want. If you want to crunch all the numbers and hoard all the items and work around damage types and elemental types and maximize efficiency and such, you can. If you just want to go through not caring and ignore it--well, it'll be more difficult but I don't think you'll fail because of it. Things are designed so that you can play through it in a lot of different ways and succeed; it's not just the variety of classes and races, but also the number of different ways you can build each class and the different ways you can play each build. My next character will probably be a melee paladin with a big, fat two-hander--a Death Godlike, and as evil as his skin is pale.

Hm... you can't actually ignore it, not on Hard anyway. You do need to understand the mechanics and work with them, otherwise you'll get roflstomped. Like, chipping at a high-Deflection, high-DR enemy with dual daggers and no Weapon Focus just won't work.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Well figure ill just throw this in here to point out why I feel the game really isn't all that indepth, this is a total list of all the class skills you have to choose from for the monk.

Swift Strike

Torment's Reach

Turning Wheel

Long Stride

Force of Anguish

Stunning Blow

Clarity of Agony

Soul Mirror

Crucible of Suffering

Rooting Pain

Duality of Mortal Presense

Enervating Blows

Flagellant's Path

Lesser Wounds

Mortification of the Soul

Lightning Strikes

so a total of 16 choices, compared to a paladins 28 choices.

This game, same as wasteland 2 , lacks a lot of polish. It feels like it's almost there, but then they forgot about that last 10% that would have made it final and great.

My biggest issue however is that they STILL have not fixed the dual monitor issue where my cursor goes off to the wrong screen on the right.

Either they didn't beta test enough, or they don't give a rats.. Personally I believe that they simply just ran out of money.

(This is inherently the problem with kickstarter projects like this) Developing properly takes more money..

My only issue with the game after 43 hours of gameplay is the pathfinding and number of abilities available for each class.They could expand it and add multiclasse and prestige class too. The gear limitation I have mixed feelings about it, though its kinda silly see a mage sporting a full plate casting spells without any armor training. But thats a matter of taste.

Well figure ill just throw this in here to point out why I feel the game really isn't all that indepth, this is a total list of all the class skills you have to choose from for the monk.

Swift Strike

Torment's Reach

Turning Wheel

Long Stride

Force of Anguish

Stunning Blow

Clarity of Agony

Soul Mirror

Crucible of Suffering

Rooting Pain

Duality of Mortal Presense

Enervating Blows

Flagellant's Path

Lesser Wounds

Mortification of the Soul

Lightning Strikes

so a total of 16 choices, compared to a paladins 28 choices.

I agree the monk feels lackluster in matter of choices and abilities.

Also the barbarian is somewhat boring and not so flexible. The way carnage works you're stuck playing with a 2H or maces if you don't want to gimp your splash damages.

And the wizard seems underappreciated, but I never enjoyed playing mages so can't judge myself.

I'm quite satisfied with the 8 other classes though.

Edited by DrBrian