"Final Journal of Jonas" in Hall of Revealed Mysteries

Achilles

Question

I'm guessing that these bookshelves are stocked by a random loot list and that the journal just happens to be on it.

Regardless, the tome is definitely out of place here :)

Attempts to attach screenshot keep failing and I only try 3 times before I give up. It'll be around if you need it.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

8 answers to this question

A real book? ... Hard to believe.

According to its contents, it is a small, personal diary written by someone called Jonas, left behind by him before sacrifying himself. It reads like a private letter from Jonas for his son ... or his family ... but it also reads much like Jonas didn't have any way to send it to his son other than leaving it behind.

If that is not true, the developers should give some background somewhere ... a villager could talk about that journal or offer one to the party.

Well, aside from the titles, all "books" in the game contain just a few short passages of text and could be considered merely letters or short treatises.

I was assuming that it's indeed a personal diary at first, too, but when I found several of them I suspected that it's more like a religious text/piece of propaganda.

Edited by El Zoido

@ Merina; Heard about a girl called Anne Frank?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Don't be silly...

In a role-playing game ... I need a better description of what I hold in my hands. It's an item with a graphical representation that is the same as "Wymunds Notebook" found in the same temple. Keep it? Show it a person later? Read in it later to complete the missing details of a puzzle?

Is it the original diary? Or a transcript? ... Probably impossible to tell, because my heroes don't know, ... if there's no info on who is the publisher. Unlike Anne Frank's diary, which in its sold form is easy to tell apart from the original.

Is it a complete book or just an excerpt? ... The description should tell me. It does that for other books ... up to the detail of mentioning whether the single section is considered the only important one of many pages. An example is Wymund's notebook. There are other examples in the game.