Who on your Art Team did this Excellent Picture??

Trying to imagine the conversation...

(Feargus) Yes ?

(Brian) It's me boss, I sort of let something slip...

(Feargus) You let what?

(Brian) They know that the baddie is a guy...

(Feargus) Brian...?

(Brian) Yees...?

(Feargus) &^%$#@ !!!

(Brian) Sorry boss... They tricked me... they were nice to me...

(Feagus) Hydro, Fiona, I've got a job for you. Remember to wear gloves...

Sheesh, I got too much spare time right now :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well howabout this: Will we see some more art tomarrow in the new gamespot article?

and do all the npcs/sith lord have art like that or was this kind of a display thing?

Well, the big head shots are, as I said before, magazine covers. Most of the other artwork you've seen are concepts. Almost all of the the npcs or main villains are painted the same way as the full body shot of the white haired chick on the Lucas Arts site. I tone it down a bit for creatures, townies and such. Also, Nearly every level concept is painted very nicely by Chris Applhauns or TJ Frame.

As far as the gamespot article - I have no idea what they plan to do.

"Haven't got an enemy in the world. Too lazy to make 'em" - The Reluctant Dragon

How long does it take you to create these images. Are you given detailed descriptions and strict guidelines or are you free to "wander" so to speak? Personally, I prefer the white haired chic better than the masked doofus, but that's a matter of taste, I suppose.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

How long does it take you to create these images. Are you given detailed descriptions and strict guidelines or are you free to "wander" so to speak? Personally, I prefer the white haired chic better than the masked doofus, but that's a matter of taste, I suppose.

It takes me longer than some. Sometimes I can take a whole work day to paint a concept and sometimes it only takes a couple of hours. It depends on a lot of things.

My guidelines vary and typically come from the designers. Sometimes the designers have a clear idea what they want and sometimes they just need a guy who does "x" and I come up with a guy who looks like he does "x". Generally, it's 50/50 since the designers can only describe so much. It takes the person drawing it out to fill in the gaps and make the known factors aesthetically pleasing. Still, there are moments when I can sway them to something different from what they originally asked for, as long as my idea is sound and still fits his/her purpose in the story.

"Haven't got an enemy in the world. Too lazy to make 'em" - The Reluctant Dragon

You know, I just realized how asinine my post sounded. I think the graphic for the masked fellow is well done. It

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!