Voice over issues

Gerdum

Question

Hey!

I have a weird problem. When I talk to the merchant (Heodan) at the very first location, he doesn't say all the text. He starts at random words or parts of the words at the end of the first sentence and then proceeds without any problems (In every dialogue option). All other sounds and dialogues have been good so far, I have had only 1 conversation though, it was with the caravan leader :)

For example. When you ask him about the Aedyr Empire, he says: "It's not as big as it used to be, but it is still big ... ". Heodan says only "but it is still big", and then proceeds with the rest of the text normally.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Edited by Gerdum

8 answers to this question

Yes I have the issue with words, usually the first word or couple of words. I've had it with Heodan and the female fighter companion you have at the start. (Cl ... I've forgotten what her name is).

I've also had the odd sentence not spoken at all in the middle of a generally spoken conversation. I'm up to the end of the initial starter dungeon.

I'm running OS X 10.10.2, I haven't tested yet if its the same on Win 7.

I have this problem, though for me it only seems to effect the female fighter companion. Things I remember being effected are some of the banter she says when you come across things or talk to her (she doesn't say anything when you come across the bodies of the travelers/looters to the right of the bridge, when you talk to her after the second fight or when you are in the first dungeon, she only says part of the last word.) and a few parts of dialog. (when you enter the first dungeon, after Heodan says "A *spoiler*, surely." she only says "the storm has to stop sometime.")

I'm on windows 8.1, playing the steam version.

I think it might be related to alt-tab-ing from time to time out of the game, but not sure.

Did u guys alt-tab as well ?

Happened with both companions and NPCs

No, I don't really use alt-tab that much. However, I started a new game (didn't like my character build... Already tried out two or three builds before hand...) and I didn't have the problem. Weird thing is, now that I think about it, I don't think I had this problem with my first character. When I started a new character yesterday, this problem started. I'm gonna try starting another character real quick and see if the problem happens again. Also, I mixed up the dialog in the first dungeon. She said "storm has to die sometime" in the dialog after you go futher into the ruins. I can't seem to find an edit button for my post though... Anyway, I'm gonna check that out now.

I haven't had the issue since, and I've made a few characters. I'm not sure if I ever closed the game when I had the issue, but I had my computer on the whole day, so maybe reseting the game or your computer? Or maybe it's just random. ;)

Most of the NPCs or companions that have VO keep skipping first few words on each new conversation screen (so not each sentence loses some of the VO but only first sentence after I click Continue while talking to them). I don't do anything during them.

I do have 2 monitors and I do switch to the other monitor from time to while which results in the game minimizing but I don't do that at the moment they would skip these parts. 

Last person it happened with was Durance. 

Edited by archangel979
  • Like 1