Greater Focus Talent - Not Working -

icezin

Question

So, when i got to lvl 4, i chose the talent "Greater Focus" with my cipher, but it does not grant the plus 10 focus to my max pool. I have a max of 30 focus, but supposedly i should have 40 max focus.

I'm playing on windows 7

Any clues?

Edited by icezin

6 answers to this question

Huh, I wondered the same thing. I suppose I won't be taking that talent...

Even in this world more things exist without our knowledge than with it and the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way. For existence has its own order and that no man’s mind can compass, that mind itself being but a fact among others.

It's honestly not that bad. The focus actually carries over to the next fight if it gets to max. 

So open with two mind blades, 1-2 blunder shots will max you back to 45. Where you can then open with 3 mind blades (which will quite honestly beat 95% of all encounters on Hard). 

It doesn't add 10 focus to your starting focus, only to your maximum focus (yes that sucks) but currently it's working as intended - it's just a bad talent.

Depends.  Does Draining Whip give you +2 for every enemy hit or just the first one? In other words, can you focus on AOE for faster, larger focus gains once you have it?  If you can double or triple up, I can see how an AOE focused cipher could benefit from higher max focus, especially if sporting fast weapons.  If not ,i.e., if you only get the +2 per attack with no multiplier for how many enemies hit, even if it's AOE, then yeah, not optimal.  Anyone know which one it is?

Edited by Cyphon