The Custom Portraits Thread

Now some female aumaua. It was sad that the female aumaua (the blue skin) had an awful horrible portrait. I mean, the portrait is awesome but the aumaua is kinda ugly. So I "fixed" it a little bit. Now she looks like an aumaua who is not horrible to the eyes.

(ORIGINAL)

7m2JSmD.png

(MODIFIED VERSION BY ME). It took me a while to make her look more femenine... but I think It was worth it.

uOt80gK.png

iBVsqNy.png

(A LITTLE BIT LESS FEMENINE. A MEDIUM VERSION)

jnobdBo.png

aGkh5kw.png

Edited by harry.agamez
  • Like 3

I found this picture on pinterest and resize it so It can be used as a portrait. (Don't know who the autor is).

Female wood elf (Ranger or druid).

9UsHJMk.png

chinJhL.png

Thanks for sharing this. This is strangely exactly how I imagined my character. If you find out who the author is, please let me know, I'd like to thank them!

• Like 1

You always say there are no bearded pale elf portraits, so I tried to fix this. I am not an artists so I did the best I could to add a beard that blends with this portrait. Not sure about the result. Please, let me know if you like it.

(Original)

j2pxqRf.png

(v1.0)

scsoaXY.png

(v2.0)

yJmgYOx.png

(V2.5)

jUgZVkk.png

QRcfOLP.png

(Without Moustache)

zyOyuve.png

(Van Dyke)

CwSvLIV.png

Edited by harry.agamez
  • Like 1

Nice!

Better than the first attempts with pale elf+beards. But those would also have been fine in smaller size (like in game UI).

That's easy to do. I just wanted to know if you people like it :D

BTW, in the first pale elf protrait with beard, what version look the best? 

Edited by harry.agamez

That was not what I meant but never mind. :)

For me it's 2 and 2.5.

If you mean the frame of the picture well.. I used portraits that exists in the game. I didnt modify the size or the position or anything like that. Just drawed some beard with 3dpaint and gimp. It's actually easy to do. I'm gonna keep modifying existing protraits while I learn more about painting.

Edited by harry.agamez

No no - I meant that the second attempt with beards was better than the first, but even the first was fine for ingame use.

Because the resolution and size ingame is not very high you wouldn't notice some minor smudges and so on that you can see at the moment while the pictures are bigger.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I found this picture online... but it was cropped and didnt fit the game portrait style, so I had to paint the parts that were missing. I also edited the face. I think it's perfect for a Cipher gameplay. What do you guys think? Am I getting any better? :D

(Original)

b49eb1df7c8719162d9c172ade098897--charac

(My edited and finished version)

Po6L8ig.png

V4x09Bd.png

(With a little grin)

L6bMDhA.png

DX2HYIV.png

Edited by harry.agamez
  • Like 2

More elves... I found an elf image on Google and I heavily modified it to imitate Aloth and Grieving Mother portrait style.

S1Wu5rc.png

SwlgTCu.png

EDIT: More Wood Elves. I know this portrait already exists here, but I didnt like it because it looked like a big eared mouse (cheeks too thin, big ****ing ears). So I fixed it to my liking.

(ORIGINAL)

e2c3455314b7635617ff04f4daf2a08c--forest

(My Version)

3x8OguQ.png

Edited by harry.agamez
  • Like 1

Hello!

First, sorry for my bad english, i hope what i write is clear.

I want to make custom companion portraits. i have seen these are in data folder, but they dont work,

i have with "UnityAssetsViewerx64" edited the assetts, works fine in the game, but at the end fails ...

When i save the game and load it again, i see the old companion portraits, what do make i wrong? I dont
cant understand that ... can anyone help me please ... ;(

Greetzzz V89

Hello!

First, sorry for my bad english, i hope what i write is clear.

I want to make custom companion portraits. i have seen these are in data folder, but they dont work,

i have with "UnityAssetsViewerx64" edited the assetts, works fine in the game, but at the end fails ...

When i save the game and load it again, i see the old companion portraits, what do make i wrong? I dont

cant understand that ... can anyone help me please ... ;(

Greetzzz V89

There are companion portraits in a folder within a folder where your game is installed. Simply find these and replace with your custom ones; just be sure to name them exactly the same as originals. Originals should be renamed or moved to another directory to avoid problems. Voila.

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

You don't need to replace them!

Just follow the naming pattern with _a, _b, _c and so on and they will be inserted accordingly.

In fact the name doesn't matter so much at all - but I guess you want portraits for several "races" to be sorted in the right way, hence the naming pattern like male_human_a and so on.

You don't need to replace them!

Why yes, sorry. I misunderstood and was thinking about official companions, not custom ones. Derp.

Erm, Messier-31, you know what? Now that I read his post again maybe that's really what he meant and I misunderstood it, not you. Well, now he can pick the answer that's uitable for him. ;)

Sorry if I sounded rude by the way, didn't mean to.  :blush:

• Like 1