The Custom Portraits Thread

Thought I'd share the resized hypothetical Deer-like Nature Godlike portraits I shared above. (Didn't bother with the "albino orlan" because, as it turns out, orlans can't have white fur in the CC. Boo.)

Resized these pictures from original artwork by Mothtail at deviantART.

nature%20godlike_zpsgsvwvpps.png?t=14345   

nature%20godlike%20small_zpsexhj2yzw.png

gothic_earth_godlike_lg_zpsfd1qrt65.png?

gothic_earth_godlike_sm_zps3cibwsyx.png?

For Wild Orlan fans like me, I resized two portraits I found on other websites, and thought I'd share them here.

This one I resized from a portrait I found here:

female_wildest_orlan_lg_zpsa27h7ces.png?

female_wildest_orlan_sm_zpsieats1zn.png?

(Aside: This one is great for the ranger class because the animal icon doesn't cut off her face. Notice her cheek is tilted away from it.)

This one I copy/pasted from here:

female_orlan_d1_wild_lg.png?format=300w

female_orlan_d1_wild_sm.png?format=100w

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Something I think would be cool is a portrait without any scars and versions of that picture with battle scars. I could start the game with the vanilla version, then switch when I'm 75% through the game (or when I start the sequel) to display that my character has seen a lot of battle.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

CrI4Ub1.png     Wqbu3CX.png     etmCg0w.png

SN6npWV.png                                      5ak7yPC.png                                       w5BHCCi.png

ZE54MqR.png     WAmY5a8.png     nT5u3Wz.png

t2dcssb.png                                      D6YzQTQ.png                                      PMHAU7P.png

• Like 3

Hey guys. I love old isometric style RPG's from the 90s and was told this was the game to play. I was going to wait for it to be on sale around half off or so but i said screw it when it was on sale the other day at about 30% off and picked it up. Im going to go ahead and give it a play but dont really see a decent portrait for the character i want to make. Im shooting for Pesmerga from Suikoden if anyone knows who that is. Basically a dark looking knight (but hes not actually evil). Heres a quick refrence image 

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/suikoden/images/c/c8/Pesmerga_SII.gif/revision/latest?cb=20080707124351

I flipped through all 27 pages of this thread and there were some cool images but no real dark knight pics. Unfortunately there isn't much fanart of the guy and those i can find are too cartoony looking. I want a pic that fits the realistic fantasy art of the game. Just trying to google 'dark knight' gives me just a million pics of bat man, lol =P

So anyone know of a good pic that would work? closest thing i saw in this thread was one posted a page or so back by Eywa but its just a close up face pic. I wanted face/full pic. Worse comes to worse i guess i can just tint the color of one of the armored default pics but those are meh and i dont have photoshop or anything on my laptop

If i cant find anything to work i guess my backup will be modeled after Chris Lightfellow

http://www.zerochan.net/1136823#full

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/suikoden/images/8/8d/Chris02.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100408165823

though i didn't really want to play a female, there is a default female pic that works pretty well, though i think its more blonde than white haired

decided to just go with the female pally. Is there anyone here that can lighten the skin tone, change the hair color to white/silver and eyes to grey/lightblue on one of the default pics for me? Its the female_dwarf_a_lg.png and female_dwarf_a_sm.png file. Its close enough if the colors get changed around. heres some pics of the the character for color reference

good face closup 
hair down
hair down closeup
couple in her armor

She has white/slightly silverish hair, a lighter skintone than the portrait pic, and silverish/light blueish-purple eyes

id do it myself but the computer that had photoshop died and i dont feel like digging through wharez sites for another copy. I guess i could try a free image program if no one can do this for me... i hear GIMP is ok. Can you mess with layers and hues and junk in that?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone of you guys know decent dwarven portraits? Most notably for a Slayer from Warhammer.

This is a nice image of Gotrek Gurnisson (feat. Felix Jaeger, duh), but because it is quite small, cropping it for PoE turns it into a pixelapalooza.

wallpaper-gnf-anthology.jpg

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Just found this thread - didn't realize it existed up until today. I'll go ahead and post some portraits I painted in the last week.

First is a female moon godlike portrait. I wanted something a little bit more specific for my character than what is provided in the default selection :)

f_moongodlike_lg.png f_moongodlike_sm.png

Second is a painting I finished this evening of a suave rogue-like type of guy. The face was modeled after Kevin Smith, who many of you may recognize as the actor that played Ares in the Xena and Hercules TV shows from the 90's.

m_human001_lg.png m_human001_sm.png

Also, here is a process gif I made for fun. Enjoy :)

tumblr_nwazrfabKK1tykb80o2_400.gif

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks sp3cw4r! It's my pleasure :)

Finally completed my first pillars portrait minipack! I'd like to continue making more minipacks and eventually bundle them together to create a large portrait pack.

pack01-amegani.png

Download link: http://www.amegani.com/portraits/POEportraits-pack01-amegani.zip

Feel free to modify these as needed for personal use. You may post your modified portraits online, all I ask is that if you plan on redistributing the originals please link them from either my tumblr post or my post on deviantart. Each portrait is painted from scratch and takes anywhere from 5 - 12 hours to complete, which adds up pretty quickly. Links back are always appreciated :D

Here are the individual portraits, for those who prefer to grab them this way. The first two are in my previous post. ;)

f_human001_lg.pngf_human001_sm.png

m_human003_lg.pngm_human003_sm.png

f_elf001_lg.pngf_elf001_sm.png

m_human002_lg.pngm_human002_sm.png

• Like 12

Very nice!  The community owes a lot to you and the few other artists out there who have made a real effort to create portraits that are high quality, match the art style of eternity, and fit the cultures of the game. 

• Like 4

Very nice!  The community owes a lot to you and the few other artists out there who have made a real effort to create portraits that are high quality, match the art style of eternity, and fit the cultures of the game.

I really do enjoy working on these portraits so I probably get just as much out of it as the community does. I need to constantly practice in order to improve and these portraits are a great way for me to get said practice in. It's a win-win I'd say. ;)

Thank you for the kind words :)

• Like 6

Hey, Amegani, that elf chick reminds me of Phoebe from Friends. Not in a bad sort of way. It's not close enough to look like you just pasted her pic in there, but enough that I thought I'd mention it. It's good to tip the hat to folks who take the time to share with the community. I like Cramola's warrior girl also, even if she's a tad bit too modern for the PoE feel as I see it. I like the guys also, but I tend to prefer my avatars to be clean shaven, although I have on rare occasion sported a beard.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hey, Amegani, that elf chick reminds me of Phoebe from Friends. Not in a bad sort of way. It's not close enough to look like you just pasted her pic in there, but enough that I thought I'd mention it. It's good to tip the hat to folks who take the time to share with the community. I like Cramola's warrior girl also, even if she's a tad bit too modern for the PoE feel as I see it. I like the guys also, but I tend to prefer my avatars to be clean shaven, although I have on rare occasion sported a beard.

Keep up the good work!

Haha, wow, I didn't even realize how much it looks like her! I've only seen a few episodes of Friends (I know, blasphemous right?) so I didn't spot that. Nice catch!

Now that you mention it, I probably should make some clean shaven men. That's going on my checklist for the next portrait pack. Thanks :D

• Like 2