What type of key does the Retail Collector's Edition have?

I am just wondering what type of key this will be if you backed at this level.  Since we get an extra key, I would try to have one for each service.

I tried looking through the official key thread and may have missed it there and search didnt turn up any results for this answer.

If it's a box etc. from one of the KS reward tiers, they have no DRM and thus need no key, you just have to wait until it's mailed to you.

Retail store purchased boxes will be Steam-tied.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I am just wondering what type of key this will be if you backed at this level.  Since we get an extra key, I would try to have one for each service.

I tried looking through the official key thread and may have missed it there and search didnt turn up any results for this answer.

At retail collectors you only get 1 digital key and the physical disc which will show up sooner or later.

Your digital key can be for either GoG or Steam and will be a "Royal Edition" key.

At retail collectors you only get 1 digital key and the physical disc which will show up sooner or later.

Your digital key can be for either GoG or Steam and will be a "Royal Edition" key.

So, my question here is.  If I redeem my digital key, does that come with everything IN GAME that would come with the collectors edition?  Because I really do not want to open my collectors edition.  And on the account settings it says Kickstarter reward and stuff for the Boxed edition, but NOT for the digital edition. 

Guess the simple question is, can I get the pre-order pig / ring AND the kickstarter pet/achievement/item but not open my Retail collectors edition???

Thanks

Menacer

Guess the simple question is, can I get the pre-order pig / ring AND the kickstarter pet/achievement/item but not open my Retail collectors edition???

Thanks

Menacer

I believe that any "digital rewards" (pig, soundtrack, pdf etc) will be claimable through the backer portal site soon. They're just not there to select yet - the keys first, other things a bit later I think they've stated.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks

Menacer

I believe that any "digital rewards" (pig, soundtrack, pdf etc) will be claimable through the backer portal site soon. They're just not there to select yet - the keys first, other things a bit later I think they've stated.

Cool, thanks a bunch.

Menacer

I think Brandon said when the game goes live all the extra digital goodies will be unlocked.

Just if anybody´s wondering: There is no Retail Collectors Edition, only a Backers Collectors Edition! 

Go look at the original Kickstarter tiers. Some of the physical options are, in fact, called "retail". I assume that's just meant to mean they were intended to be similar to a retail box.

Ah, I assumed the OP meant he had ordered a Collector's Edition from Amazon or something (and actual retail edition). If it's the kickstarter reward, then there's supposed to be no DRM on the disc, from what I understand.