Will that get us access to digital rewards like the campaign almanac before the game is out, or no?

'Cause I could use some reading material.

Yes! I would like to read PoE stuff before playing! I can't wait to see the high res map! 

Sorry if it's been asked before, will the kickstarter backers get the Steam key once the game is out? 

From what I've heard...I think if you backed the game on Kickstarter you will get to choose between Steam or GoG code. Even if you bought a physical edition since you get a digital copy too

Also you might not get the map/manual etc early, only if they allow pre-loading on Steam instead of just giving out the key

Will that get us access to digital rewards like the campaign almanac before the game is out, or no?

I'd guess not because the strategy guide would spoil the story.

Not sure yet. Most likely early next week. Monday or Tuesday.

So, if it was bought off a site like Green Man Gaming, would those steam keys only be released on the day or release?

GMG releases keys whenever they're allowed by the publisher. Usually on the day of release at the latest.

So, if it was bought off a site like Green Man Gaming, would those steam keys only be released on the day or release?

GMG releases keys whenever they're allowed by the publisher. Usually on the day of release at the latest.

I receive my keys from Larian (Divinity) and Wasteland 2 (inXile) days before if i remember of the release date, you can predownload all the files in that way.

Yes i know, my english sux.

We will likely release all of the available rewards at the same time we release game keys.

• Like 9

I am not sure about this. Paradox is handling all of the distribution through most other retailers. I would guess that those keys would be released on launch day.

We are only handing out keys to our backers on the backer portal.

I'd guess not because the strategy guide would spoil the story.

We may hold off on allowing downloads of the Strategy Guide until launch day.

Is there any chance the game manual will be released early?  It would help us all prep for actually playing the game and I assume it would be relatively spoiler-free story-wise.

It would be nice to get familiar with all the new systems associated with a brand new IP.

• Like 3

Why can't Obsidian just release the digital manual RIGHT NOW? It won't contain spoilers and people who are unfamiliar with the game can get a headstart way in advance.

win/win situation.

Edited by TrueMenace
  • Like 2

Calibrating...

Why can't Obsidian just release the digital manual RIGHT NOW? It won't contain spoilers and people who are unfamiliar with the game can get a headstart way in advance.

win/win situation.

I guess it's easier to release everything at once, at least from the logistic point of view.

Edited by _michal

win/win situation.

I guess it's easier to release everything at once, at least from the logistic point of view.

The manual comes with every copy of the game (box or digital). Releasing it now on their site is a no-brainer. It's a friggen manual after all. 

Calibrating...

It could be that they are simply in the process of building the framework to have the mass download functionality built in to their website and servers and this won't be ready and fully tested until Monday without crashing their system?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle