Chanters: phrase linger and intelligence

My concept of chanter tank was bit different

maxed-alarielle.png?psid=1

She works fine with base might 3 as she doesn't need to do any damage in fights, she just summons, de/buffs and interrupts and rest of party takes care of enemies. On my test run on hard she did her job brilliantly.

Do you autoattack? if not, why don't give her a wand or a bow just to AA from behind meanwhile chanting?

She is the tank of my party that stands in front line and takes all the hits from enemies. She is fully build around that idea. Back line support chanter should be build much differently.

Seems interesting, chanter + summons tanking!!

What would you suggest for a more backline chanter?

With backline Chanter you probably would want to drop your Constitution down to at least to 10 and also perception and resolve can be dropped to 10-12 and rise your might, and dexterity. And you probably should not wear plate armor but much lighter armor if you wear any armor. And Moon Godlike is not necessary best race choice for back line character as their healing ability works only when their endurance drops. And with talents you should go with offensive ones instead of defensive ones. And you probably should also choose more aggressive phrases and invocations.

• Like 1

Thank you mate.

Does might increases summoned creatures damage?

Sadly no, but it increases damage that you can do with wand/bow/gun and with you damage dealing invocations. It also increases healing if you decide to take ancient memory talent, which gives your chanter healing aura.
  • Like 1

Thank you mate.

Does might increases summoned creatures damage?

Sadly no, but it increases damage that you can do with wand/bow/gun and with you damage dealing invocations. It also increases healing if you decide to take ancient memory talent, which gives your chanter healing aura.

So, creatures are better for tanking-taking focus i guess

Ah your tank is much better but its also a min/maxed chanter. I tried to keep things normal attribute wise.
So, the number of "HITS" shown in the combat log, is this the number of poeple affected by the chanting ?

For instance, I use that chant that does small amounts of damage, but I also have those talents that steal that endurance for my party.

Do those hits mean enemies, or party memebrs or both combine, or just those within the radius affected by the chants damage but not those within range to receive the healing ?

Also, does "Might" still affect the healing/damage ?

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

• 2 weeks later...

Intelligence does not seem to increase the linger of my chants. Did they change it in the 1 Day patch or is it a bug?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.  I'm starting with 20 int, but my two starting chants only show a 6 second effect.  If Int doesn't work on chants duration, I think its important to know that up front as it severely changes my build.

Can anyone shed some insight?

If duration buffing was based upon the entire chant duration previously (I wasn't in the beta, so can only go by what I've read), it sees like they changed it to be based ONLY on linger duration (yes, that would be a 66.67% nerf).

I created a godlike chanter with 20 INT and selected two buff chants to start, then waded into the first fight with a couple wolves.  Using a stopwatch, I observed that the first buff fell off after 7 seconds, 1 second before it was reapplied.  With a 20 INT, my duration bonus was 48%, so with a base duration of 4 and linger of 2, I can only assume that the linger was being extended by 0.96 seconds (consistent with my observation), and base duration is static.

Anyone seeing similar results?

• 6 months later...