Pillars of Eternity: Prima Official Game Guide for Backers

for some reason i cannot edit my post again(you do not have permission to edit this post) so ill make a double post, please fogive me.

EDIT²: I somehow feel misunderstood atm :D

okay, trying again: Im a Steam Pre-Order buyer, i want to get my Hands on the Digital Prima guide WITHOUT buying the royal edition (i just do not want the rest of the "swag").  I do NOT want the Hardcover, but would be willing to pay the same for the digital version.

Is there a way/place who sells ONLY the digital guide?

Not that I could find.

Yes, there is an option for backers to buy the Strategy guide as an add-on. I'm not sure how that will work, though - I expect it'll just be a download link, but maybe it will be a code to download it somewhere else? The latter would be easy to share/gift. The former .. eh, iffy.

I expect the digital version to go up for sale/pre-order sometime in the coming weeks, though. The e-version exists, would be weird for Prima not to monetize it. They're probably waiting until (near?) release, in order not to cannibalize the sales of the Dead Tree edition.

• Like 1

for some reason i cannot edit my post again(you do not have permission to edit this post) so ill make a double post, please fogive me.

okay, trying again: Im a Steam Pre-Order buyer, i want to get my Hands on the Digital Prima guide WITHOUT buying the royal edition (i just do not want the rest of the "swag").  I do NOT want the Hardcover, but would be willing to pay the same for the digital version.

Currently there is only pre-orders for physical copy of guide. But I would guess that GamersGate (.com / co.uk) will sell digital version after release and other similar stores. 

When they release details on how they will deliver digital copies to backers, I can buy you copy if it is possible to gift them (which I think there probably will be, as I don't think that they will give direct downloading links for those add-on copies).

• Like 1

Currently there is only pre-orders for physical copy of guide. But I would guess that GamersGate (.com / co.uk) will sell digital version after release and other similar stores. 

When they release details on how they will deliver digital copies to backers, I can buy you copy if it is possible to gift them (which I think there probably will be, as I don't think that they will give direct downloading links for those add-on copies).

that sounds good, i will look for them after release then, I will come back to you if they do not sell them digitaly thank you for your help and your proposal

EDIT: thank you as well Ark Evensong (i somehow missed your post)

Edited by Lord of Riva

Question related to this: anyone knows if the strategy guide will be sold out? Or they keep having supply for a while?

Reason why I'm asking this: as Im planning to play the game for a bit to know 100% sure if I will like it and play a lot, then I will buy the strategy guide.

I would guess that it depends mainly on Prima (maker of the guide), because I think that they are ones that responsible of producing and selling guide books.

I just pre-ordered the hardcover and while the listing displays a release date, the order page says it will notify me by email when the book is available to ship. Which is slightly concerning, I thought pre-order items generally are advertised to ship on release date. It's probably nothing, I would be shocked if this guide sells out before release. Well, shocked and elated, I want PoE to do well. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Question related to this: anyone knows if the strategy guide will be sold out? Or they keep having supply for a while?

Reason why I'm asking this: as Im planning to play the game for a bit to know 100% sure if I will like it and play a lot, then I will buy the strategy guide.

I would guess that it depends mainly on Prima (maker of the guide), because I think that they are ones that responsible of producing and selling guide books.

I just pre-ordered the hardcover and while the listing displays a release date, the order page says it will notify me by email when the book is available to ship. Which is slightly concerning, I thought pre-order items generally are advertised to ship on release date. It's probably nothing, I would be shocked if this guide sells out before release. Well, shocked and elated, I want PoE to do well. 

If you ordered it from Amazon, then that is quite normal as they don't want to be hold accountable if there is delays in production, which is why they don't promise shipping dates before they have product in their stock. 

If you ordered it from Amazon, then that is quite normal as they don't want to be hold accountable if there is delays in production, which is why they don't promise shipping dates before they have product in their stock. 

I hope your are correct, but my sixth shipping sense tells me something is up with supply and demand for this book.

ohnoes_zpsorrionoi.png

The expected delivery for the other one, the art book from Dark Horse, is day of release, March 24, with a four. April 1 is when the order page for that book says it'll come. Almost a month before the strategy guide. Did I pay for two-day shipping ... no, I need beer money.  

muchsooner_zpsejhebn1q.png

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

• 2 weeks later...

It was noted above that this strategy guide is 400 pages. The current listing shows 512 pages. We just received 112 pages for free. Also, 112 pages is the exact number bound in the separate lore book. WHAT IS HAPPENING 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

It's the rule of three... plus one!

I need to check to see if these books are included in my pledge.  I'll probably end up gifting the Lore book to one of the people to whom I'm already gifting one of my keys.  It's weird but exciting to be this involved in what I always considered to be frivolous third party content.  Now, however, it's got a cool factor it lacked before.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!