Max Level?

Yeha. Because 'evil power monger who wnats powerful artifcat' is an icnredibly orginal story with an interetsing villain. Sorry, SOU has a much more pathetic story than the OC. That's a fact; not an opinion. It does have better overall role-playing though. :(

I'd take the 'ice age lizard villain' anyday over that. At least their motives were far from just plainly wanting power; but more because they felt they were owed the power..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeha. Because 'evil power monger who wnats powerful artifcat' is an icnredibly orginal story with an interetsing villain. Sorry, SOU has a much more pathetic story than the OC. That's a fact; not an opinion. It does have better overall role-playing though. :(

I'd take the 'ice age lizard villain' anyday over that. At least their motives were far from just plainly wanting power; but more because they felt they were owed the power..

Volourn, is there a particular reason why so many words in your posts are completely scrambled ?!?

Just wondering...

I never said that, I pointed that SWKotOR rumors were highly unlikely and they started in the official Xbox magazine before the PC version even come out.

BioWare was also clear that they were not working on it (with JE and a anounced project its no wonder), then OE come along and due to that press article they connected OE with SWKotOR sequel.

I knew a SWKotOR sequel or another Star Wars RPG would eventually be done at some point, to deny that would be the same that thinking that another Star Wars RTS would never be done.

drakron.png

Simple. I don't bother to proofread my lame posts on lame message baords full of geeks and I type too fast as I want to be done with it and get to gathering info...

But how you express yourself on a board does tend to color people's opinions of you and your opinions.

Note: I'm just throwing that out after reading the last post on this thread... I really don't know what's going on in this thread at the moment... :unsure:

Don't let him fool you, he is working on his PhD in Dyslexia :unsure:

Ignore the form and focus on the content. Volourn usually makes for, if not educational, then at least interesting reading. :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Darque: that's the catch. I'm not worried about others' opinions on me. I abrely am in RL; let alone Internet Geek Message Boards. That doens't mean I mind chattin' with yas; but really the last thing I'd do at the end of the night ebfore going to sleep is the followinG"OMG OMG Please let Darque to like me. OMG OMG I hope Darkon doens't hate me." Nope, no offense, but I don't do that.

I'm here for information. That's it; that's all. Everything else is I ahve no life so i spend my time here. :unsure:

I honestly hope you don't do that :unsure: *takes a large step back*

As a side note: As I said above I was just replying to the post... I didn't have a clue how or why you posted it... but it just cried out "give feedback" to me :)

How you post is of no real concern to me, if it gets to the point where I can't read your posts (and you wouldn't be the first) I just won't bother trying :)

Can we say, "out of context," Eagle? He was responding to a specific line of things that people said. Not the same meaning if he just came out of the blue and said he didn't care about geek messageboards. If he's posting, he obviously doesn't have a problem with posting, and nothing he said gives me, personally, the impression that he's denying that he does or even has an urge to.

I thought I already covered why I'm here. It's real simple. Inpout. Period.

P.S. Am I really this important? Two threads in the same forum that have degenerated into 'what makes Volourn'. I'm just an Intenret gekk Loser. Don't get so worked up over me.

Remember. the importnat thing is KOTOR2 is being made. geez, people. Get your priorities right.

You really don't seem to understand exactly what epic level means do you Volourn?

First of all, there is a massive problem with D20 where after around level 15 the CR system starts to disentigrate. This is generally because the BAB and other abilities that the PC's have are so strong they virtually never miss. This makes monster design harder and harder, and it becomes much more difficult to make a challenging encounter due to how overpowered the PC's are.

The solution to this is to generally have enemies that have incredibly good tactics or ways around the players various abilities. This balances the PC's insane power against the monsters, who are often nowhere near as well optimised (Dragons are the sole exception). As I do not expect KotoR2 to have astounding AI, I do not feel this will be a good solution (without blatant dice roll fudging).

There isn't any real need as a result to go over level 20, aside from the fact that Star Wars generally lacks "epic" level enemies (and yes, Epic has a specific meaning, it doesn't just mean "over level 20"), considering that the likes of Vader were only level 17ish! In addition to this, over level 20 characters will just run out of things to fight that can threaten them (and there isn't a lot, even in DnD about all that can threaten epic characters is twinked out epic dragons and Gods).

The only option that would be left would be fighting epic level characters the whole time (IE other epic level Sith), with everything else just being complete cannon fodder. Of course, world verisimilitude goes down the toilet fast when you have ARMIES of epic level Sith that AREN'T controlling the entire damn galaxy. So this option also isn't practical.

I would do what I do not in d20 pnp, I reduce the rate that EXP is gained. This means that it takes more to level up (rather than in D20 where you level too fast by the base CR system), and allows more time to be spent at mediumish levels, while still getting players out of the 3 level critical death zone (levels 1-3, sometimes up to 4 for certain characters) fairly quickly. It also allows players to reach level 20 after a fair amount of work, and can make for a longer game without anyone gaining a level every 2 seconds.

I do not feel that over level 20 is a good idea in any shape or form. It will simply make for another unchallenging monty haul.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

I pretty much agree. Going over 20 and especially gaining Epic levels in D20 inspired games tends to end up making every fight cheese. TOB is a great example of this... HOWEVER there are mods that made these otherwise cheesy fights incredibly hard. If Obsidian can make the fights as hard as they were in the Tactics mod for example then we won't have anything to worry about.

must admit that we is mildly surprised that lucas would let us create characters more powerful than yoda or the emperor.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I pretty much agree. Going over 20 and especially gaining Epic levels in D20 inspired games tends to end up making every fight cheese. TOB is a great example of this... HOWEVER there are mods that made these otherwise cheesy fights incredibly hard. If Obsidian can make the fights as hard as they were in the Tactics mod for example then we won't have anything to worry about.

Lucas Arts didn't allow mods for KOTOR and propably won't for KOTORII, so no luck there.

Besides, the main point is that you can't have cannon fodder adversaries that are as powerful as you are at those levels.

It just wouldn't make sense to have your average Sith be as powerful as Yoda, as mentioned before, the world around you would simply collapse...