Small features that would be nice to have

I've been playing Wasteland 2 for the past couple of weeks and it's given me ideas for a few minor features that would be nice to get right in PoE:

1) The ability to mark places on the map. I'm fine with the game not giving people and locations markers -- I'm not a big fan of this feature, but I guess that's part of the old-school charm. However, I see no reason at all for stopping the player from marking things on the map. These games are played over long periods of time and I don't remember what was where for dozens of locations.

2) Similarly, it would be nice to have a place in the journal/log/whatever to write things down. I can use a piece of paper, but it's annoying. BG2 had this feature as well as the map marker.

3) Make the distance from which a trap is disarmed substantially larger than the distance from which the trap is triggered. This was actually a problem even in BG2 (though it was admittedly rare) and it's a larger problem in Wasteland 2 (where it is definitely a bug because the character then proceeds to successfully disarm the triggered trap!). The disarming of traps should be based on the indicated skill of the characters. I shouldn't have to tiptoe them right up to the trap before telling them to disarm it.

• Like 1

3) Make the distance from which a trap is disarmed substantially larger than the distance from which the trap is triggered. This was actually a problem even in BG2 (though it was admittedly rare) and it's a larger problem in Wasteland 2 (where it is definitely a bug because the character then proceeds to successfully disarm the triggered trap!). The disarming of traps should be based on the indicated skill of the characters. I shouldn't have to tiptoe them right up to the trap before telling them to disarm it.

Yes.

Little things I hope it has:

• Bard music in taverns - I never realized how much it adds to the atmosphere.
  • News of events in one part of the world to be talked about in other parts of the world
  • Deep interaction between party members. If each NPC has their own personalities, goals, views, etc they seem more alive.
  • I'd like caves and nights to actually be dark. They are supposed to be anyway. Make light sources something useful and desirable.
  • Like 2

"Be on the lookout for thieves, trespassers, aaaand COMMUNISTS!"

The Director FO4