USA Mid-Term Election Results

BruceVC

Huntsman rules out a 2016 bid and rails against parties in general

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/jon-huntsman-2016-111678.html

I actually liked him

Yeah, I found him less objectionable than most of them.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Huntsman rules out a 2016 bid and rails against parties in general

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/jon-huntsman-2016-111678.html

I actually liked him

Wow, Politics are so ****ed up a mild-mannered ex-governor ragequits.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I liked John Huntsman too. Oh well; I'd rather have Rand Paul anyway.

Eh, Ron Paul 2016, Rand Paul just isn't as good, he's probably the best choice available, but I'm afraid he'd just lick the boots of the evangelical whackjobs who are just as bad as the worst democrats. Shame we'll never see Ron Paul as president, then again, the presidency really isn't that powerful, especially when held by someone who doesn't believe in utilizing most of the tools it has available. Shame we'll never see hundreds of Ron Paul clones take every congress seat.

Rand is definitely not his father, however he's probably the best there is on capital hill right now (that's how bad things are), and the only one of the so far possible presidential contenders that might actually earn my vote. There's no indication however that he's going to 'lick the boots of evangelical whackjobs', nor do such people have remotely as much power as you and many others seem to think. Not much more power than the boogie man brigade really.

Also, Huntsman supported Israel, the unconstitutional and frankly evil individual mandate that everyone buys insurance, believes in 'global warmi' errrrr..... 'climate change', and endorsed Mitt Romney. He was a sh*t candidate.

Edited by Valsuelm

I was always very cautious without how I regard Rand Paul because of his hawkish tendencies. When he "came out" by "happily endorsing" Mitt Romney, he showed that in the end--he was bought and paid for. How cheaply, nobody knows. The price doesn't matter though. He espoused support for a State-worshiping, thoughtless, talentless, self-aggrandizing, Fascist. The only thing good about Rand Paul's endorsement is that it removed all doubt about what he actually is made of.

• Like 1

There is an old saying "Don't ever let the perfect become the enemy of the good". Of all the Republicans he is the most libertarian of the lot. And any Republican is preferable to any democrat. At least of any democrat likely to be nominated.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell