Dead Island 2

Katphood

Same as me, wow this is unusual..all  four of us are excited about Dying Light. We should form a club of some sort?

:wowey:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

First DI was a miserable grinding with level scaling and overall a boring ****. From the gameplay I can't say if devs fixed all the crap that made DI so mediocre and forgettable,

From what I understand, a different dev team is making DI2. Techland is making Dying Light because they didn't like the direction that the publisher wanted them to take with their second game.

Interesting. Dying Light does seem to have more life in it:

I like the gameplay but think the world design is horrible.

I enjoyed DI1 co-op with a friend, not sure if I'd ever have finished it solo though. The game also suffers from a pretty boring (and pretty long) first area, the game only really got fun in the city and it became even better later in the jungle. Never got around to playing the DLC or Riptide though.

Can't say I'm very impressed with the graphical direction of the sequel. Curious to see how it turns out (same for Dying Light, which, at first sight appears more interesting than DI2)

I like the gameplay but think the world design is horrible.

I didn't like that either. It looks way too similar to Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide. Everything else looks pretty rad though.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

• 1 year later...

Sorry about the double-post. This thread needs some update.

The development of Dead Island 2 has been handed over to Sumo Digital of all the people. Weird! Can't think of a single game they have released that has caught my attention.

Sorry about the double-post. This thread needs some update.

The development of Dead Island 2 has been handed over to Sumo Digital of all the people. Weird! Can't think of a single game they have released that has caught my attention.

I don't expect much to come of this, if the game ever comes out at all.  This game has been stuck in development hell and has now passed through multiple developers' hands.  Those are never good signs.  The success rate of games going through development issues like these is rather unfavorable.  I'll be happy to be wrong, but I have a feeling this game will never see the light of day.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They are going to ruin it with leveling and multiplayer like all the other games like it, you can count dying light here. lv19 can't use a lv 20 crowbar, I have no time for that anymore.

Multiplayer with matchmaking and no server browser is potentially fun but rarely ever in reality, add to that all the tropes that are hallmarks of a multiplayer design, none of which are any good for immersion.

meh..

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Tbh I forgot all about DI2 after I played dying light. I'll be the first to admit that dying light has its flaws, but imho to me it's been the best zombie game I've played in many years.

Me too. I am playing right now and it's awesome. A few rough edges here and there but that's nothing compared the amount of awesome things that the game delivers.

Edited by Katphood

Yeah, Dying Light is exponentially better than Dead Island IMHO.  For me it's the focus on mobility that makes the game so much more enjoyable than its spiritual predecessors.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks