Cultural enrichment

obyknven

About Turkic people now. In 330-550 years exist Rouran Khaganate on territory of modern Mongolia. These Rouran are terrible slavers, they conquer many different peoples, take their artisan's, other wise men - concentrate them in some place and force them all to work. In other words they create some sort of medieval hybrid between Silicon valley and GULAG. These slaves make revolution in warfare methods, invent many new weapons, but they turn these weapons against slavers and free yourself.
After this these ex-slaves begin named yourself as Turks because of name of one tribe who play major role in rebellion.
After rebellion they pursuit and exterminate almost all Rourans, hunted them as animals.
Only small part of Rouran flee to West, where they known as Avars, but there they again repeat same story and completely has been exterminated by rebelled slaves.
Summary:
1. Turkic people appeared only in VI century. All talk's about Ancient Turks everywere before this time - is just political pan turkic propaganda, Archeology prove it.
2. Turkic people non homogeneous mix of races and different ethnicities initially. It's cultural commonality instead of genetic commonality, no dominant Turkic haplogroups exist. In later times during Turkic expansion this is also not only migration of Turkic peoples, but Turkization of local peoples by superior Turkic culture also. Majority of modern Turkic people has non Turkic origin.
3. From the same begining Turkic people are very technologically and culturally advanced people (in other words all these portraying's of Turks as barbaric backward nomads is just a European butthurt).

Turkic people from the begining of own history build fortresses.

tuva-2001-119.jpg

5a68aa7aa252.jpg

klashtorny-sg-2010a.jpg

W_MQvEftjPk.jpg

Fashion of Early Turks

8702_original.jpg

1023.jpg

0858.jpg

The female costume of Uygurs from Xinjiang of the 9th -11th cc.

Yatsenko_un_11.jpg

The male costume of Uygurs from Xinjiang of the 9th -11th cc

Yatsenko_un_12.jpg

The male costume of Uygurs from Xinjiang of the 9th -11th cc. and Eearly Turk man image (6)

Yatsenko_un_14.jpg

Foot gear and belts of Uygurs from Xinjiang of the 9th -11th cc. and Eearly Turk man image (6)

Yatsenko_un_15.jpg

Haircut, coiffure and headdresses of Uygurs from Xinjiang of the 9th-14th cc

Yatsenko_un_16.jpg

Headdresses of Uygurs from Xinjiang of the 9th-12th cc

Yatsenko_un_17.jpg

• Like 2

Our real knowledge about past of humanity is very small. Trusted sources begin only from The Renaissance time. Even in this case we can say something about some culture only if this culture not die completely during conquests and disasters. Winner's often totally destroy all evidences of defeated people and obviously don't say truth about own enemy in chronicles, white spots in history Africa and America before European conquest prove it. Another example is Roman Empire. On huge territory of Empire archaeologist find only around 300 Roman helmets. 300 artefacts covering around 1000 years of Roman existence in whole mediterranean region. In other words we IRL known nothing about them, waves of invasions erase all evidences of their presence, all what we have is pathetic small fragments of Roman material culture and huge amount of Eurocentric fantasy cool stories from XV-XIX centuries. Just throw away all your books about Romans, 99% of their content is lie.

400px-Khazaria_map_from_600_till_850.jpg
Same story (even worse) about Khazar khaganate. All what we known - they have mixed populace (Turkic, Slavs, Alans, other North Caucasians, Bulgars), they're stop expansion of Islam to the North, as all Turkic people they use fortresses for expansion, They control part of Silk Road, they probably are founders of Kiev and Rus statehood (Kievan Rus probably is just their rebelled province), Caucasian national costumes are descendants of Khazarian costumes, the first used early sabres in Europe. It's all, Kievan Rus conquer them, destroy their cities, massacre populace, after this serial waves of Cumans, Mongols and other invaders erase almost all evidences of Khazarian existence.

Reconstructions of their fortresses.

s85773301.jpg

image012.jpg

1843.jpg

3.jpg

Their costumes

women

19.gif

22.gif

23.gif

26.gif

men

image001.jpg

12.gif

1.jpg

post-483-0-36336400-1361800851.jpg

warriors

i_003.png

f3c9ba901e07.jpg

8a190297775e.jpg

Tombstones

7393f91e349e.jpg

plumbing

6e8a4889097a.jpg

Coin

a889c0f38379t.jpg

Early sabre (replica)

7a87bc.jpg

• Like 1

Though Mongols are most true "nomads" ever (they has best mobility in the world and they can produce all goods what they needed in fields, cities not necessary for them), they build cities and other structures too.

XIII-XIV century
Capital of Mongolian Empire.
6031251.4c032fb2.560.jpg

karakorum4.jpg

KarakorumModell.JPG

kharakhorums-museum-20.jpg

Meanwhile biggest European city from same time looks much smaller than city of "nomadic" Mongols.
ParisCharlesV.jpg

Mongolian Empire build network of roads with Caravanserais also. This play extreme role in progress of backward Europe, and explain why Europeans became of best allies of Mongol Empire and their descendants (as Golden Horde is).
tashrabat.jpg

XIV-XV centuries - dark ages of Mongolia because of unsucessful wars against China. Everything has been destroyed.

Plan of small Mongolian settlement000036.jpg

Evolution of Yurt

000037.jpg

Types of mobile Mongolian houses

000038.jpg

XVI-XVII centuries - Mongolian Renaissance.

Erdene-Zuu.jpg

800px-ErdeneZuuKhiidTemple.jpg

XVIII-XX centuries Post-Renaissance.

320px-Avalokiteshvara_01.JPG

640px-Amarbayasgalant_monastery_temple_0

• Like 1

Let's talk about how some creators use such Cultural stuff for inspiration.

It's mostly old-school examples. 

J.R.R. Tolkien use Central Asian, Persian and Russian\Slavic heritage ( for example legends about Turanian 7-walled great capital Kangha, names and other cultural things ) for Gondor.

Robert E. Howard use Heritage of Sassanid Empire, Black  sea  and North Caucasian regions for Conan.

H. P. Lovecraft use  Phoenician, Arabic, Russian and Tibetan cultural heritage in his works... etc

Though in present time creators mostly avoid do this, society just don't like any thing what can ruin their believe  in "Western way of life" or "Western exceptionalness" and "European superiority". In result today we have strange situation when people's dreams are much poorer and much primitive than rich cultural heritage of Humanity in real world.

On periphery of Western world situation with culture is better and here we has this:

http://www.bedetheque.com/serie-5910-BD-Empereur-Ocean.html

wDkI2V75DQI.jpg

http://www.bedetheque.com/serie-12227-BD-Danse-du-temps.html

LA-DANSE-DU-TEMPS-T3-ID36815-4_1_big.jpg

instead of this ( Westlings instead of Persians, western consumers do want see yourself everywhere, its some sort of cultural narcissisms). 

Prince_of_Persia_poster.jpg

Aladdin_3_SP.jpg

Out of curiosity, where are you getting all these images from?

From Internets. It's to long to explain and this information so helpless for anyone who cant into Russian language anyway (Russian scientists traditionally don't translate own works to other languages and this knowledge actually don't needed for globalized and standardized western world, where all cultures must die and be replaced by anti-culture of average consumers from Marketeers dreams, no reasons for translations exists). 

• Like 1

Kingdom of Saba (9th century BCE – 275 CE)

bilk1.jpg

sh-163.jpg

bilqis.gif

awwam.gif

7899213_1.jpg

wpid-Photo-2014092522324913.jpg

Stele_Iglum_Louvre_AO1029.jpg

saba_cavalery_louvre1.jpg

Matriarchy, women played  important role here(Queen of Sheba, lots of priestesses and goddesses).

yemen_sabaean_gravestone_poster-rb192653

486px-South_Arabian_-_Stele_with_a_Femal

Symbols of Islam much more ancient than Islam.

Uncharted_3_Treasure_Sabaean_Moon_Symbol

five-pillars-of-islam.jpg

Though this is not surprising, even main muslim shrine IRL is ancient temple of Arabic goddess, where muslims secretly worship erm... something.

180px-Blackstone.jpg

• Like 1

continue of pre-Islamic Arabia.

2773083363_f72da664fd_b.jpg

Moar here

Kingdom of Ḥaḑramawt (8th century BCE – 300 CE)

220px-BronzeManNashqum.jpg

450px-Bm_125682.jpg

Griffon_hadhramaut.jpg

Ruins of capital

800px-Schabwa.jpg

Outpost

1338_169.JPG

1340_169.JPG

1341_169.JPG

1342_169.JPG

1344_169.JPG

Kingdom of Qatabān (4th century BCE – 200 CE)

Qataban_lion_bronze.jpg

C_nam56_b.jpg

Kingdom of Ḥimyar (2nd century BCE – 525 CE)

King 3-4 century.

320px-Dhamar_Ali_Yahbur_II.jpg

Town of XVII century from same places.

site_0192_0008-594-0-20110809171056.jpg

Traditional houses of Yemen.

IMG_1408.jpg

• Like 1

Oby, I'm curious, and you're one of the only Russians I have contact with so I ask you.

What's the prevailing Russian point of view on the Apollo missions to the moon, both today and historically?

Oh for the love of...

'oby' isn't a Russian. Just read some of these posts again, and look at the gramar and spelling. It's not even remotely Russian, it's very plainly someone obsessed with Russia pretending to be Russian.

If you want to find out what Russians think then by all means do so. They have a rich culture and many are well educated and erudite. Talking to oby is tantamount to interrogating my toilet bowl on the habits of the Plain Indians.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, he could just be 14 years old and Russian, did you ever consider that.

14 years old, I had considered. But then I thought

"No, Walsingham. 14 year olds are young, but they are full of a combustible mixture of hope and despair. They may be stretching into their destiny, or dissembling from it. But if there is one thing they are, it is themselves.

"This isn't someone merely assuming a random name and nationality, such as 'Walsingham'. This is  someone who has so far abandoned any self worth that they are assuming a false identity in toto. No doubt they think they are doing it to prove that they have the technical skill to confuse and mislead others, but ultimately this is a broken, empty individual. So completely beyond the pale that they don't even compose a false identity that is heroic. They compose one that is racist, homophobic, and delights in the suffering of an entire nation."

In short, I thought to myself: This is an adult acting in a manner wholly beneath the standard of conduct I expect from a spastic colon.

The judgement may see harsh. But as the mods have made clear we are an inclusive community, so we can't just ban them, as we would some relatively well -meaning pervert who posted pictures of their junk. We have to accept their perverse desire to flaunt their far more serious mental illness.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oby, I'm curious, and you're one of the only Russians I have contact with so I ask you.

What's the prevailing Russian point of view on the Apollo missions to the moon, both today and historically?

Oh for the love of...

'oby' isn't a Russian. Just read some of these posts again, and look at the gramar and spelling. It's not even remotely Russian, it's very plainly someone obsessed with Russia pretending to be Russian.

If you want to find out what Russians think then by all means do so. They have a rich culture and many are well educated and erudite. Talking to oby is tantamount to interrogating my toilet bowl on the habits of the Plain Indians.

What did the toilet say though?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Arabs after death of Muhammad. True old-school Islam.

Umayyad Caliphate.

Khirbat al-Majfar castle.

4-westbankkhirbatalmafjarpersp_large.jpg

Muslim girls

0_412cb_ad17be7e_orig.jpg

0_412e7_44d0fb95_orig.jpg

0_41355_1b35a989_orig.jpg

Muslim guys

0_412df_9b1d1ac4_orig.jpg

Khaliph

khirbat2.jpg

castle Qusayr ‘Amra

3-qusayr%20amra%20section_large.jpg

0_3e70d_b12deb9c_orig.jpg

As we can see here Arabic culture don't change so much after appearance of Islam. This is explain why original Islam spreaded so fast and many people prefer Islam ( liberal, sexy, oriented to human nature progressive religion) and rulership of Arabs instead of tyrannical Byzantine rulership.

The gentleman posts some nice artwork however, which I for one appreciate. Even though Petra and various other sites are well known, the posting is a nice reminder (to me at least) of cultural diversity and our shared past as a single species. We are capable of great things, even if they are born of quite horrible circumstances.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Oh for the love of...

If I cared for your opinion on Oby, or anyone else's, I'd ask. I don't. I'm curious as to what Oby has to say on a given subject.

I'm certainly not interested in reading more mindless anti-Oby posts. There are far more than enough on this forum already.

Edited by Valsuelm

As you can notice in my previous posts Muslim women don't hide own faces and bodies in the past. When this strange "tradition" are appeared?
First Muslim who hide own face is... Muhammad. In Islamic art he always pictured with veiled face in Lovecraftian style. This covering hide his unearthly celestial nature. His wifes has same veils also, by same reason... they all just not humans more. Wifes of Muhammad are first and exclusive Muslim "women" who hide own bodies, its their "privilege". Nobody else risked dressed as Prophet. Until XVII century.
NewbornMohammed.jpg

longsleeves.jpg

In XVII century Aristocrats of Ottoman Empire and Persia (here appeared Burqa) begin hide faces in Prophet-style. It's nothing more than arrogance of these posers, they pretend be equal to Muhammad and his family... and mix this with very hedonistic/salacious behavior.

Ottoman Aristocratic girls from first half of XIX century.
0_9947a_fb9a5016_orig.jpg

0_99468_6094f30b_orig.jpg

0_99483_696440f5_orig.jpg

0_99470_2a7990db_orig.jpg

0_9946a_d2aacecf_orig.jpg

0_9946c_86810597_orig.jpg

0_99481_deaac15c_orig.jpg

Meanwhile ordinary Muslim women of Empire dressed as this and swim naked.

0_87e98_18a297a4_orig.jpg

0_87e9a_2ff171d9_orig.jpg

0_87ead_bb0a8fd3_orig.jpg

In other words until second half of XIX century Muslim societies stay very free-minded and cool. But after this sh**t happened. And this sh**t is European colonialism.