More variation for Godlikes

bobo4567

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but since godlike cannot select hair, facial hair or skin tone options, I think there should be a greater variety of head options for them. Other races can have hundreds of variations by selecting different options, and yet each type of godlike has only 3 possible looks for each gender as far as I can see.

• Like 1

Yes, I was hoping we would be able to choose non human godlike and was very pleased to see that included. I just think customisation of a characters head is very important in an RPG, and I wish the number of head options for godlike were a little closer to the variation for the other races. This is not absoutely essential, my favourite game of all time, Baldur's gate 2, had none of this customisation beyond options for different colours.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but since godlike cannot select hair, facial hair or skin tone options, I think there should be a greater variety of head options for them. Other races can have hundreds of variations by selecting different options, and yet each type of godlike has only 3 possible looks for each gender as far as I can see.

Well, there's four different Godlikes and I assume every one of those has three heads available which makes it 12 different appearances for this race. Now, I'm not saying I'm opposed to having even more options but I would be fine with the way it currently is.

There is a road that I must travel
Let it be paved or unseen
May I be hindered by a thousand stones
Still onward I'd crawl down on my knees.

Yes, If we put all 4 godlike types under one umbrella it could be argued that they have even more variety than other races as all 4 types look so drastically different. Still, I would love to see a few more options, or the ability to alter colour, flames that are white or red for fire godlike for example. Again, I don't think that this is absolutely essential, as the current options all look great to me. I have a feeling that the godlike will prove to be one of the more popular races, and that more options for customisation would be appreciated by a lot of players.

I'm a bit disappointed myself that there's not an Aasimar-ish godlike. You've got pretty good approximations of Tieflings and and Gensai, but no Aasimar.

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

There is a 5th Godlike, Hylea Godlike. They are feathery and have golden eyes. We cannot chose to be one, we do however get a Hylea Paladin for our team.

I've whined all last night, and today, about how disappointed I am about the variation of the Godlike. Especially the Moon Godlike, which is what I was going to play as. But they just look bald and ugly, and I can't play something I think is ugly, I just can't. 

I really just wish they had hair.. That'd fix it for me. 100%

I heard from a reliable source that the PC Beautification Pack, which gives us playable Hylian Godlikes and extra Godlike headmorphs (including hair options), will be released as day one DLC. It'll be super cheap, too - only 4.99!! (Per race, ofc.)

Similar pack for male PCs will be released one week later!

I'd like for there to be a variation of skin colors. Obviously Fire Godlike will have red-like skin, and Moon Godlike will have blue, ect.. but I'd like for there to be one or three variations of colors for them. 

Other races can change:

- hair color

- skin color

- facial hair (males, but I think female dwarfs should have it too and other female should have something else instead)

- head

- hair

Godlikes, however, can only change their head. It'd be nice if we had more options.

For example, if you create a Godlike monk, you'll be able to see their skin has two colors. Is it difficult to implement a way to change these colors? For example, Fire Godlike could have options like red and orange, Moon Godlike would have blue and white, and so on. I understand we will not really notice this during the game, though. Maybe that is why Obsidian didn't include this option.

If they had a hair, we could change that too. Alternatively, more head options, some with hair, would be fine for me.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

I'd like to see at least one additional head type for each Godlike archetype.  I'm not fully happy with how the Death Godlike have turned out, I guess I'd like to see one closer to how the single male Death Godlike portrait is, which I like,  I suppose is similar to head #1 except less Conehead-like.

Edited by vril
  • Like 1