Will the protagonist be Revan?

I hope Revan's nothing more than a memory at this point.

Who ? :)

Grr... Arg... :)

Honestly, I don't get the fascination with Revan, they guy/girl did something that made headlines on GNN (Galactic Network News, ® by Czerka Corp.) for a few month and then is back to the ongoing squabble between factions, politics, unemployment rate on Coruscant and Czerka corruption scandals.

Enter stage left: New Hero. Let Revan be some obscure figure from a distant past without any significant role except perhaps a cameo, a ghost from the past as somebody else suggested. :)

Reusing game engines is ok, reusing heroes ? Nah...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just have a question here since I have never played Kotor (Yes, my uncle bought me the game for christmas but didn't know that my pc doesn't meet the minimum requirements, so I can't play it for now :huh: ).

From what I have read, I have understood that you can't choose your character's name in Kotor1. No matter if the main character is male or female, he/she will still be named Revan.

But there's one thing that troubles me. I went to Bioware's Kotor Website and read each character's biography. When I read Darth Malak's, it is said that he turned to the dark side along with another Jedi (who was also named Revan) who became the Sith Lord and was killed later on. Malak took his place and raised an army to conquer the Republic.

How is it possible that another Revan exists in the game? Is there a connection beween this guy and the main character?

Oh, and I don't mind about spoilers. :)

Cheers.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

You can name your character (female or male) whatever you want.

Your character turns out to be Revan later on in the game. You are one in the same. Ta da.

I just have a question here since I have never played Kotor (Yes, my uncle bought me the game for christmas but didn't know that my pc doesn't meet the minimum requirements, so I can't play it for now :( ).

From what I have read, I have understood that you can't choose your character's name in Kotor1. No matter if the main character is male or female, he/she will still be named Revan.

But there's one thing that troubles me. I went to Bioware's Kotor Website and read each character's biography. When I read Darth Malak's, it is said that he turned to the dark side along with another Jedi (who was also named Revan) who became the Sith Lord and was killed later on. Malak took his place and raised an army to conquer the Republic.

How is it possible that another Revan exists in the game? Is there a connection beween this guy and the main character?

Oh, and I don't mind about spoilers. ;)

Cheers.

If you don't mind spoilers....

You can name your character, but yes, he/she ends up being Revan. It's the same Revan who was supposedly 'killed' by Malak; the attack put him/her in a coma, the Jedi rescued him/her, then took the 'vegetable' Revan and implanted a new identity in him/her. You don't discover you're Revan (as in, the former Dark Lord of the Sith) until you're well into the game.

It's the 'twist' storyline.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?