Companion Level-Ups and Mass Slaughter

I just sort of took this for granted, but can you mass slaughter towns/merchants for free loot etc? I never liked doing this, but i always liked that you could do this. 

Secondly, do you control your companions level-ups or is it automatically applied? I hope it's the earlier.

^I'm 99.999999% certain we get to control companion level-ups - there would be pitchforks and torches (not the battery kind) if it were not so.

It's also been stated that no NPCs are unkillable (possibly going to change for critical NPCs but not at the moment) - however, you'll get bystanders turning hostile, running away and calling the guard - basically like in IE games.  There's no kill-xp, and I'm not sure that the average villager would carry any loot (or any loot worth having) but if your charater is a homicidal maniac, go nuts.

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I just remember back in the day you could strategically kill some NPC's or shop owners for their loot in games like Fallout or Arcanum.

I never did it unless I could awesomely justify it in my head, but it was always fun to think about.

That's good to hear on both accounts.

I'd hate to have to kick away a companion I like because he/she simply did not fit my combat requirements.

Yes, you are in control of how your companions advance.  When they join the party, they are auto-advanced to their starting level, but you advance them after that point.

Yay! NPCs still all killable, maybe some with a pop up warning for plot critical NPCs when not on super hardcore mode (this character is extremely influential and you might need this person in the future) or something along this lines?

Maybe this sounds awful to a lot of you, but I hope a mod comes out that lets us re-roll our companions. I really like having control of every aspect of my champions.

But I'm also one of those players who gets overwhelmed with too many party members, and probably wont run around with more than 4 or five total.