Hobby Lobby win teh day

Hurlshort

Yep.  My vasectomy was $5,000.  After insurance I still had to pay $500 out of pocket, which ain't cheap.  All that for a 30 minute procedure.

If I ever decide to have that work done NO WAY am I letting them try and finish in less time than it takes me to shower, shave, and get dressed. Bring a soda, put on the radio, take your time.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yep.  My vasectomy was $5,000.  After insurance I still had to pay $500 out of pocket, which ain't cheap.  All that for a 30 minute procedure.

If I ever decide to have that work done NO WAY am I letting them try and finish in less time than it takes me to shower, shave, and get dressed. Bring a soda, put on the radio, take your time.

I wasn't going to encourage them to spend any more time down there with sharp object than necessary.   :no:

You chose the wrong profession. After 20 years of working around RF transmitters, Radar to begin with, microwave radio after that, then Cellular, then WiFi & WiMax, I got a non-surgical vasectomy for free!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think saying they bring nothing of value to the system is unfair. For example fraud is rampant in Medicare, our version of single payer. But that's beside the point, you seemed to be saying single payer fosters more competition, and I was hoping for an explanation of how it does that. Btw, single payer is also a middleman, in either case you need someone to collect (forcibly in case of single payer) the premiums and distribute the benefits.

No, and no. I don't see how I am suggesting that universal coverage systems are competitive. They are though, to a point. In those instances where services covered by universal coverage, that is, taxes, are provided by private contractors. Hospitals are not private contractors in Europe, they are owned by local government. Private practitioners (as in a general diagnostician doctor's office) and some clinics are and sell their services to the government, and of course there is the entirely private market for optiomal cosmetic surgery and the like. In any case the end game for health ensurers is profit, and in the case of government owned hospitals, it is getting the most out of available resources. 

When I wrote universal coverage I assumed a government operated one, which might be wrong, obviously both European and US systems are hybrid and reasonably complicated.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Hmm, my insurance pays for hair loss, ED, and massage therapy and acupuncture by default but I had to pay extra for vision coverage

Not trying to make a point of anything just seems odd to me

Can't speak for all plans, but generally vision is broken into two categories. What medical insurance doesn't cover is vision correction (eyeglasses, contacts) but will cover medical related eye problems. My eye condition is covered by my medical insurance, despite me not having vision coverage.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man