You "forgot" to use the force? oh, come on....

Now the important question is what happened to get you in self imposed exile? Anything important would have given exp, so I must find some insane technicality loophole... I'll find something to get through... Give me a sec...

Maybe he's at level one but not 0 exp? That's the best I could do. Sorry.

Hades, do videogames have to be 100% "real" or "logical" for you to just enjoy them?

I mean, you're so fixated on how "unrealistic" it is for a veteran of the Mandalorian wars to be a level 0, that you say it would ruin the game for you. Is everything realistic though? I mean, if you want to be completely "by the book", then characters shouldn't be able to come back to life once their energy is at zero. Game over. No reloading a saved game, you have to start over. Because, I mean, if you want to get technical, how "realistic" is it for a character to die, but be brought back to life by simply loading a saved game?

Is it too hard to imagine that he's a level 0 because he saw very limited action in the Mandalorian wars and isn't anything more than, perhaps, one of the lower ranked soldiers?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yah, Hades wins this one, but he has the better argument built for him. Anyway, we still win if the main character is lvl 1 but more than 0 exp. Also, Hades, are you a hero? I would think you get a level in expert or thug.

Ghostie, I think you are thinking to hard on this. Don't think outside the box, out of character aspects of the game. STAY IN CHARACTER!

Lets take the real world moment or two. When I joined the military I learned a great deal of material. I learned how to fire a hand gun, use body armor, how to fight various types of fire, engine repair, handling large ammo and doing maintenence on large 5 inch guns. I accumulated experience, therefore in my 2 year stint I probably gained a level of soldier. Did I see any real combat? No, but during that time I learned, studied, and prepared for real combat. I gained experience.

:D

That wasn't my point. I know that "techincally" anyone with experience should be more than a level 1 with 0 XP. My point was, why is that such a sticking point to the degree that it'll ruin the game for you?

My point is everything doesn't have to be completely REALISTIC for it to still be fun. So your PC starts out as a level 1, who cares? IMO, it's like saying "oh well he wears brown boots, when it's common knowledge that only black boots are worn with those uniforms" and then discarding the game because of one small, insignificant aspect.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If they manage to pull it off and make it work well, it doesn't matter. Problem is I can't quite see how they could to that... Only solution would to make character have some experience but not enough to level up I think. Unless they make the character level 2-5.

So if there character starts out at level 2 or 3,then in the character creation it should allow for whatever feats,skills and Att. points that would come with them. Other wise it would be even more pointless to add it then leave it out.

Only leave out the Force powers. Everything else such as Hit Points, skills, and feats should be active. Once you reach a certain point the force powers are activated and he learns to use them again. At that point he gains his powers.

I would that think that getting the Force powers back would be part of the story.

Could work,not going to throw a fit if that's not thow they do it,but it would be nice to see. I'm curious if they're going to have as many wasted starting feats in this one as they did in Knights. No matter what class I picked I ended up not using some of the feats I got stuck with. Would prefer they simply give me so many feats to place and let me place them,on the lowest level,where I want them.

Hades has a point there, eventhough it affects the game on a very minor level.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Do you think that you retroactively gain all powers you would have gotten if you could?

Could work that way.

I'd say your FP goes way down, not the powers you know. This would show the cutting off from the force. You still know the powers, you just can't use them.

So you're saying your character still selects the powers as the level up but have no access to them due to lack of FP?

Works better using the mechanics and common sense. You can't access force sensitive, but haven't lost what you already had. As for common sense, you wouldn't forget how to do the powers, you just don't have access to the force. If you get it back you can do these things again.

Works better using the mechanics and common sense. You can't access force sensitive, but haven't lost what you already had. As for common sense, you wouldn't forget how to do the powers, you just don't have access to the force. If you get it back you can do these things again.

Works.

But would that make getting your powers back story driven or simply how fast you level up?

Story driven. You can't get them until a certain point. My guess is then you get something like 3/4 of FP you would have gotten at the levels if you could get Fps.

Hmmm,could work. Would make thing easier in way. Time will tell I guess.