Lady traps murderer by offering cigarette

Walsingham

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jessica-price-who-snared-murderer-2836123

A woman who helped snare a murderer by tricking him into leaving DNA on a cigarette end has been nominated for a bravery award.

Carl Powell pounced on Jessica Price, 23, in 2011, with his hands around her neck.

Incredibly, she persuaded him to let go and suggested he light up a cigarette.

Jessica said: "I couldn’t breathe - I thought he was going to kill me.

“But something told me I had to be calm and reach out on a human level.

“I managed to get his hands from my throat and said, ‘I promise I won’t scream, just let me catch my breath’.

“I think he was so shocked by my reaction that he let me go. I reassured him I wouldn’t make a sound.

"He took a step back and I knew my plan was working.

“Inside, I was terrified I asked him how his night had been and said: ‘You’re heading in the same direction as me. Let’s walk together’.

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If she was a gun owner she could have pulled out a pistol instead of a cigarette and shot him in the balls.  Now that would have left tons of all sorts of DNA. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Resourceful woman.  I would like to think that I too could be that calm and quick thinking is a situation like that, but, obviously, you can never know until it actually happens.  Hopefully, I'll never have to take that test.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There's some quintessential british about her behaviour. It's like that story about those soldiers of the Royal Navy that survived a submarine attack near Ireland. Did they complain about most of their friends being dead? no. Did they swear vengeance on all germans because of the attack? No.

Instead they stated to each that the raft that they were paddling with was less than ideal to use, the wind being quite chilly and will take quite a while to get to the shore.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Kudos to her for keeping her wits about her and getting out of that situation, and this murder being of the street. But, honestly it seem like one of those embellished local news, I really doubt that she had any thought of DNA at that time.

If she was a gun owner she could have pulled out a pistol instead of a cigarette and shot him in the balls.  Now that would have left tons of all sorts of DNA.

Come on :rolleyes: and if he was, she would be dead ;)