O Canada quest bug

Poppernaut

Question

There seems to be a bug in the "O Canada" quest. I went through all the way to the part where after you talk to the Prince you have to go talk to the duke of Winnipeg. After going there he just keeps saying "if I had a dire bear pelt..." And no cut scene happens. I've seen on walk throughs that at this point he should continue the quest to go kill the dire bear that is blocked off but he doesn't. I've tried walking over but the bear is still blocked off. Going back and talking to the prince just has him say that I still haven't talked to the duke and to get out of there. I've gone through the cave and the other towns but the cutscene still won't happen when I go back to the duke.

I've tried loading old saves, leaving the zone, swapping allies after and before loading, dying, taking the Timmy fast travel. I've also created a new game and quit, loaded the old save and still nothing. I'm using the PS3 digital download version with the patch. Just deleted the game and I'm downloading it again to see if that does anything.

Anyone else run I to this or know a fix?

I've read other places that it seems the problem happens if you go talk to the Mounties near the dead guy with the bear, before you talk to the Duke of Winnipeg. Other people with this problem also did that, like me, and are now having the same problem. Reinstall with and without patch upgrades did not fix it.

He says something like "If I had dire bear pelts I could make a (some type of clothing I think). You know what a dire bear is right?" I can't remember in detail and I'm at work. I can look again when I get home. And so you are sure who I'm talking about, it's the guy in winnipeg, in the building all the way to the north, by himself behind his desk. There are a group of people outside the building to the east around a dead body, bear to the north east that is inaccessable (blocked by mountie).

I'm having the same issue on the PS3 downloaded version. I patched to 1.01 before I started the game. The problem happens in all of my checkpoint saves as well. I never got a cut scene with the Earl of Winnipeg, and everytime I talk to him I get "Earl of Winnipeg: With Dire Bear Pelts, I can make myself a nice Dire Robe. You know what a Dire Robe is, right?"

I'm also playing on the PS3, and I have the same problem with this quest. I hope this will be fixed soon, because whatever I do, nothing helps. I was really immersed in the story, I could almost smell the South Park aroma's (they kinda smell like chipmunks :p). Please fix this, I'm super cereal about this. :D

• Like 1

Just wanted to throw my name in here as well. Bought mine off PSN, updated to 1.01 before I started playing and have found the same bug. I would have loved to finish this great game on my day off, hope you guys find a fix soon.

Same here, I updated and then started the quest... mayor keeps on repeating about the pelts (also i didnt have the hunting quest from jimbo taken before i tried speaking to him)

fingers cross for a fix, i love this game but it would suck to start it all over again :/

having the same issue.  PSN downloaded version, updated upon first launch.  I talked to the guy, went over and killed the bears, picked up the pelts, now every time i talk to the guy again he just says something stupid about "if i had dire bear pelts blah blah ****ing blah"  and every one of my saves are past that point now.  ETA on a fix?  game breaking bugs are in a whole other catagory to normal glitches, in other words ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE post launch of the game. 

I would like to be counted as another player who's beyond the point of recovering from a previous save. I too talked to the RCMPs before Earl & he will only say what has been paraphrased above. I'm completely done with everything else up to this point & cannot proceed at all. PLEASE fix this SOON! I can do NOTHING in the game now!

I also have this exact same bug so it isn't possible for me to continue with the game until it's fixed.

I bought the game from PSN in the UK and from the start have been running the game with the patch.

Also stuck on this quest. Cutscene will not activate. Complete game breaking bug. I will warn anyone else playing on ps3 when you get to the canada quest line go directly from quest to quest and do not look around because it will break the game

All I can tell you is that we are working on it, unfortunately I don't have an eta for a fix though.  Sorry guys.

I can only speak for myself, but just the fact that you are taking the time to let us know you're working on is extremely appreciated. Thank you for being attentive to your customers.

Im sure it will be fixed in no time, all we need is a montage: