Save. Try something. Fail. Load. Try again. Win.

How is P:E handling this? Is this even considered an issue?

I never cared for Diablo II's (any many games since) waypoint save but I can't think of anything better. Is it punishment enough not remembering to save before every major event?

As I wrote in another thread about the same stupid issue:

I have one simple question to the people who want to limit saving games or enervate (?) people who want to save their game, via game mechanics:

How on earth does it concern you how someone else plays his own game?!?

I could imagine that it would be a pain in the ass, if somebody would/could save every 5 seconds in a multiplayer/co-op title... But we are talking about saving in a single player game!

Even if I spend my whole freaking day, saving my game you will never notice it nor will it affect your life in any way!

I mean, the solution to this whole "problem" is so ridiculously easy: if you do not want to save your game, than, for Christ’s sake: don't save it!

It is simply absolutely no concern of anyone, how you want to play your game!

If you want to mod it? Fine! Do it!

You want to cheat? Go for it!

Do whatever you want! It is your game!

I mean: How do you even get such an idea?! How do you logically connect a thought like: "I don't like saving all the time in a cRPG!" to "I demand that everyone else should be forced to play the game the way I like it" ?!

It just doesn't make sense...

There should be absolutely NO limitation to saving the game whenever you want, since, as a self-determined human being, you can decide for yourself if you want to forgo (?) saving your game for a more "hardcore" experience!

I am really sorry, if I offended someone. I normally do not react so angry, but reading how some "hardcore" gamers want to dictate a certain way to play a game to others just infuriates me.

• Like 2

English is not my first language, so please forgive me any mistakes!

Save. Try something. Fail. Load. Try again. Win.

How is P:E handling this? Is this even considered an issue?

I never cared for Diablo II's (any many games since) waypoint save but I can't think of anything better. Is it punishment enough not remembering to save before every major event?

As I wrote in another thread about the same stupid issue:

I have one simple question to the people who want to limit saving games or enervate (?) people who want to save their game, via game mechanics:

How on earth does it concern you how someone else plays his own game?!?

I could imagine that it would be a pain in the ass, if somebody would/could save every 5 seconds in a multiplayer/co-op title... But we are talking about saving in a single player game!

Even if I spend my whole freaking day, saving my game you will never notice it nor will it affect your life in any way!

I mean, the solution to this whole "problem" is so ridiculously easy: if you do not want to save your game, than, for Christ’s sake: don't save it!

It is simply absolutely no concern of anyone, how you want to play your game!

If you want to mod it? Fine! Do it!

You want to cheat? Go for it!

Do whatever you want! It is your game!

I mean: How do you even get such an idea?! How do you logically connect a thought like: "I don't like saving all the time in a cRPG!" to "I demand that everyone else should be forced to play the game the way I like it" ?!

It just doesn't make sense...

There should be absolutely NO limitation to saving the game whenever you want, since, as a self-determined human being, you can decide for yourself if you want to forgo (?) saving your game for a more "hardcore" experience!

I am really sorry, if I offended someone. I normally do not react so angry, but reading how some "hardcore" gamers want to dictate a certain way to play a game to others just infuriates me.

I like to play my games in mesh stockings. 

I like to play my games in mesh stockings. 

Then I demand a stretch-goal to include always-online and linked to a webcam so that everyone must play the game correctly in proper attire (which is, of course, a beige jumpsuit).

Anyone caught in incorrect clothing will immediately have their game locked and their saves removed.

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

• 2 weeks later...

The game's only job is to not encourage it, not to somehow prevent it. It's software. You're not going to prevent someone from doing what they want with it. If they get it, then use the game disc as a coaster instead of ever installing or playing it, no one's preventing that, either.

Exactly.

One of the good things about hard fights is that you don't win it first time and many times more. I don't see a reason why I should re-complete larger part of game than necessary if I firstly don't estimate the fight well of find extremely hard opponent, e. g. checkpoint system.

Thats EXACTLY why I stopped visiting any RPG related forums years ago. God thank you for normal people use the internet as well.

Edited by IRMA

The game's only job is to not encourage it, not to somehow prevent it. It's software. You're not going to prevent someone from doing what they want with it. If they get it, then use the game disc as a coaster instead of ever installing or playing it, no one's preventing that, either.

Exactly.

One of the good things about hard fights is that you don't win it first time and many times more. I don't see a reason why I should re-complete larger part of game than necessary if I firstly don't estimate the fight well of find extremely hard opponent, e. g. checkpoint system.

Thats EXACTLY why I stopped visiting any RPG related forums years ago. God thank you for normal people use the internet as well.

most normal people on the internet forgot the acid arrows or the toches and cant kill the trolls that are everywhere, so they get suffocated. fortunatelly in this forum we have lots of high level wizards that  can blow trolls away with fireballs or melf's acid arrow or even cloudkills for extreme cases. so far we had no need for acid fog or rain

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.