What's on the idiot box... Part 2

Rosbjerg

3rd episode of 'Almost Human' - plot pretty mundane/predictable, but the bits where Urban's chr. was "MyGyvering" Ealy's android chr. made me laugh. Yup, it's official - I'll watch this show...because of Ealy (and the humor chemistry he has with Urban).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So the Arrow midseason finale had the origins of Solomon Grundy and Flash, introduced Ollie's mask, and introduced Slade Wilson as the big bad of the season. Not too shabby.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just watched Homeland Season 3 finale. That felt like a series finale. Looks like it will be a completely different storyline with some new characters for the next season. The show has lost the plot. Should have ended with Season 1 with the vest going off. Don't know why they're doing a Season 4 though, the show has well and truly jumped the shark. Oh well, I'm out.

Once Upon a Time mid-season finale. Wow that was one hell of an episode. Felt like more of a season finale than a mid-season finale. Felt like the show had ended.

Once Upon a Time mid-season finale. Wow that was one hell of an episode. Felt like more of a season finale than a mid-season finale. Felt like the show had ended.

Before they revealed what Regina's price was I was like "WTF?! Are they seriously going to kill the only two characters I watch this show for!?"

Edit: Wait, forgot Hook, I watch it for 3 characters.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Psych - The Musical.

There is something to be said for a dose of utter silliness. Especially when wrapped up in extra length "musical" episode.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• 2 weeks later...

Doctor Who.    Strangely disappointing.

Again, for all the massive build up of Trenzalore, and the previous images of this dark place full of millions of graves..   And we get this.  It kind of felt like someone had pulled a random bunch of "Hey, this is cool in a cheesy Christmas way!" then thrown it all together without any actual sense, real coherency, or actual good thought behind it.

• Like 1

Space, the Canadian equivalent of SyFy every yar does the 12 Days of Spacemas, which is 12 days of a different marathons. This year they are having a Nick Cage marathon for one of the days. Beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uC5dPToqnU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sherlock.

Definitely has an amusing spin with Sherlock and Watson reuniting and then settles into familiar Sherlock territory.

That and the banter between Sherlock and Mycroft was firmly entertaining.  Of course, there's also the small hooks laying down for the overall arc of this 3 episode season, so it'll be interesting on how the next two episodes shape up.

For those that might have missed noticing it..

:w00t:  ... I love you. Can't wait for 3rd season, which I think doesn't air here until mid-late Jan. on PBS.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And just for those yanks still waiting Sherlock to make it's way across the Atlantic a tease.. an example of the cunning editing in play

Mrs Hudson "You really should talk to John"
Sherlock "I have, he doesn't want to talk"
Mrs Hudson "Why, what did he say?"
Sherlock turning to look at her  "F..."
  - scene switch to Watson in his Doctor's practice with a patient -
Watson: "Cough now please."

Edited by Raithe

To do another spate of "Nah-Nah-Naaah!" at the Americans..   Sat through episode 2 of this seasons Sherlock.

Lots of good moments, as we see Sherlock attempt to be the best man at Watson's wedding.

Come on, anyone who watched the episode where Sherlock died saw Sherlock alive at the end of it ;)

• Like 1

To do another spate of "Nah-Nah-Naaah!" at the Americans..   Sat through episode 2 of this seasons Sherlock.

I now know the secret of seeing it via the official BBC site while still in the US. So I have. I'll still watch it on PBS, too, tho. And buy the DVD's. Anything with Benedict, really. Yes I'm sad. Side note: he actually vaguely reminds me of my husband, only hubby doesn't have an accent. Could be why.

I now know the secret of seeing it via the official BBC site while still in the US. So I have. I'll still watch it on PBS, too, tho. And buy the DVD's. Anything with Benedict, really. Yes I'm sad. Side note: he actually vaguely reminds me of my husband, only hubby doesn't have an accent. Could be why.

Congratulations then. ;)

Apparently Benedict is an amazing mimic and can do an awful lot of accents and voices when he wants to.

So did you enjoy that mix of humour that ran through most of the episode?

The humor was great, I lol'd quite a few times. But I did feel the mystery portion was lost/unfocused. Not that I mind. I'm sure the next two episodes will focus on that more. The first eps. had a lot to do/settle/setup.

• Like 1

The humor was great, I lol'd quite a few times. But I did feel the mystery portion was lost/unfocused. Not that I mind. I'm sure the next two episodes will focus on that more. The first eps. had a lot to do/settle/setup.

To be fair, the 2nd episode is more a mishmash of "small cases", some of which are connected. It's a time jumpey one with lots of flashback sequences.