Reshaping of LucasArts and KOTOR 3!

Here is a link about changes to LucasArt and mention of a development team they had for KORTOR III.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/13/news_6104775.html

First and most important thing I want to say is good post and thanks for the info.

The second is the unfortunatly someone else beat you to the punch about aday or so ago, so this is old news to some of us.

So once agian good post and thanks for the info!

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Here is a link about changes to LucasArt and mention of a development team they had for KORTOR III.

First and most important thing I want to say is good post and thanks for the info.

The second is the unfortunatly someone else beat you to the punch about aday or so ago, so this is old news to some of us.

Thanks Stargate...I didn't see that post. I'll make sure to refresh my web browser before I post again :lol:

I'm still kind of confused about why LA was even handling the development of KOTOR 3. :lol:

I mean, they out-housed it to Bioware for the first one, and now Obsidian is doing #2. Why would LA keep it in-house for #3?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Thanks Stargate...I didn't see that post. I'll make sure to refresh my web browser before I post again ;)

I wasn't meaning to be mean by anymeans I was just letting you know, because lord knows that some other people didn't see the original post either so this is good to that fact that the info stays fresh for them to read. So I hope you didn't think I was being an ass by posting that, I just figured I would let you know before someone else who wouldn't be nice about it posted and condemed you for posting the info. and I stand by my pervious statement that was a good post and thanks for the info.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

I'm still kind of confused about why LA was even handling the development of KOTOR 3.  ;)

I mean, they out-housed it to Bioware for the first one, and now Obsidian is doing #2.  Why would LA keep it in-house for #3?

I heard it said on another thread that they might have been just building the engine. I personally think they might have been working on story ideas for the third game. Mind you I don't know if its LA that created the story for both KOTOR I & II or if it was bio and Obsidian who made up the story ideas.

AscendedPaladin.png

From what I know, they set certain guidelines, but otherwise left it the story to the Bio and Obsidian developers respectively.

ditto.

cool thanks for the info guys!

AscendedPaladin.png

If Lucas Arts isn't going the distance on KOTOR 3,

you can trust another company will.

Though most likely it wont be Obsidian (NWN 2), or Bioware

(Mystery project).

Let's hope they find someone soon, I don't like delays... <_<

you can't really call it a delay since they never even stated when it would be released. ;)

AscendedPaladin.png

If Lucas Arts isn't going the distance on KOTOR 3,

you can trust another company will.

Though most likely it wont be Obsidian (NWN 2), or Bioware

(Mystery project).

Let's hope they find someone soon, I don't like delays... <_<

K2 isn't even out yet and ur worried about K3! They have plenty of time. Chill. :rolleyes:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Thanks Stargate...I didn't see that post. I'll make sure to refresh my web browser before I post again :p

I wasn't meaning to be mean by anymeans I was just letting you know, because lord knows that some other people didn't see the original post either so this is good to that fact that the info stays fresh for them to read. So I hope you didn't think I was being an ass by posting that, I just figured I would let you know before someone else who wouldn't be nice about it posted and condemed you for posting the info. and I stand by my pervious statement that was a good post and thanks for the info.

I know you weren't being mean about it Stargate. I've been reading the boards along time before I started to post, so I know how people can get. B) But then again it's like that on all boards. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said thanks...I meant it. :p

For whatever reason I have to keep refreshing my page everytime I come to this site. Anyway..

Why would LA keep jumping around from developer to developer? You'll think they'll stick with someone for continuty purposes.

I use to not really care about who is building a game until recently...I only wanted to play it. Maybe ya can school me on the importance of staying in house to develop a game or going outside. Thanks

This restructuring is a good thing. Nothing against them, but most of LA's in-house games turn out pretty bad. This outsourcing will likely lead to better games. I think they are trying to shake the "Star Wars games are usually average or bad" mentality. KotOR was probably the first game to truly shatter that image.

If I understand well, the lay-offs were/are a result of financial problems.

If the latest Star Wars movies are to be an example of the new LucasArts corporate ideas, then perhaps old school Star Wars adorers are turning away from the genre?

And the young ones, who like new Star Wars, aren't loyal enough to like Star Wars more than Doom 3, etc?

As a fan of the older Star Wars series, I enjoyed KoTOR a lot. It had humor, and plenty of nice winks to the older fans. That was the sole thing which woke up the genre for me.

I do not trust LucasArts to notice the difference however.