***UNOFFICAL KOTOR 2 : THE SITH LORDS FAQ***

One thing I have been wondering about the whole "you have to track down your lightsaber" thing. I wonder how they will prevent you using a dead jedis saber or taking one from a jedi NPC

It will probably be the first quest, with some 'revelation' or similar that the guy who has your light sabre is a Sith. Then you'll kill him to get your lightsabre back.

Or something. I hope it isn't as utterly predictable as that...

That would make the most sense to me.

Or maybe you don't meet dark jedi early enough to swipe one?

Aren't they supposed to "personal" ?

Or can any jedi pick up any lightsaber and use it, just like a screwdriver ? :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Or can any jedi pick up any lightsaber and use it, just like a screwdriver ?

I don't mind picking up lightsabers and being able to use them, but I didn't like how you could use those of your Jedi companions. These weapons should be non-removable. No Jedi would let you take their saber, just not going to happen. NPCs seem more real if they have equipment that they refuse to part with, like Dak'kon's zerth blade.

One thing I have been wondering about the whole "you have to track down your lightsaber" thing. I wonder how they will prevent you using a dead jedis saber or taking one from a jedi NPC

It will probably be the first quest, with some 'revelation' or similar that the guy who has your light sabre is a Sith. Then you'll kill him to get your lightsabre back.

Or something. I hope it isn't as utterly predictable as that...

That would make the most sense to me.

Or maybe you don't meet dark jedi early enough to swipe one?

Or can any jedi pick up any lightsaber and use it, just like a screwdriver ? :p

Seemed to be able to in that Clone movie.

These weapons should be non-removable. No Jedi would let you take their saber, just not going to happen.

not if they're dead they won't.

p.s. and as darque pointed out, obi wan didn't have any problem loaning his lightsabre to anakin to DW against dooku in episode 2.

dumber than a bag of hammers

not if they're dead they won't.

I meant when they're alive. Looting dead bodies is fine by me.

p.s. and as darque pointed out, obi wan didn't have any problem loaning his lightsabre to anakin to DW against dooku in episode 2.

I don't mind that either so long as it's their choice. In Kotor you can take NPC weapons and leave them fighting with their fists. That ain't right. Some items should be personal that you can't use, e.g. Carth's blaster.

I mean, if you have HK-47 with you and you steal something shoudn't he encourage you to do it again or a least help you with the stealing?

No

HK-47 Will suggest that you kill the meatbag and then take possession of its belongings. B)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Since there are going to be more Sith Lords, I am wondering in which one will Mr. Avellone "hide his (super) secret alter ego. I am pretty sure that one of the lords will be a half-autobiographic work. Just like Morte

I have nothing special to say here.

uhm why are you saying that the jedi order seize to exist?

I think some fans will get angry if you change such a thing in the timeline.

In the attack of the clones, the sith lord Palpatine says, "I will not let this republic that has stood for a thousand years...."

However, Knights of the old Republic is set Four thousand years before the films, so some how all record of the old republic has been destroyed. :ph34r:

In the attack of the clones, the sith lord Palpatine says, "I will not let this republic that has stood for a thousand years...."

However, Knights of the old Republic is set Four thousand years before the films, so some how all record of the old republic has been destroyed

Don't let it bother you, Lucas can't explain it either. Continuity was thrown out the window a long time ago.

However, Knights of the old Republic is set Four thousand years before the films, so some how all record of the old republic has been destroyed.

maybe there's been more than one republic in that time...

hell, the french revolution was only 215 years ago and france is already on its 5th republic.

dumber than a bag of hammers

February 2005 sounds good. Only 9 months, then they can with something more cool than Kotor 2. An original title, BG3 (from Atari) or FO3 (bought from the then defunct Interplay). There are so many talented people there who will do a GREAT Kotor 2 but I expect way more from them...

Palpatine actor screwed up on that line, the Republic as it says in Star Wars web site started 25 000 before the Empire.

There was always the same Galatic Republic since its formation until Palpatine recreates the Republic as the Galatic Empire.

drakron.png

They said the quest was optional. Your lightsabre might have a special crystal in it making it more attractive to get it. The lightsabre thing must happen very very early in the game. If they said its optional, Im prety sure they'll make it so you'll just find one on a dead guy. I am sure you will only be sabreless for an hour.

I am sure you will only be sabreless for an hour.

Longer than that I think, like the time it took for you to receive a saber in Kotor. Of course you weren't even a Jedi on Taris. You have to "work" for your saber, that implies more than a quest.

well I wasn't talking about the dissapearence of the republic.

I was talking about the jedi and how they are supposed to vanish out of thin air al of a sudden?

and it's your mission to bring it back, but what if your dark? is the jedi gone forever?

that's not possible, the jedi never died out before the purge even if the galaxy sometimes were a little short on them.

even the jedi got up's and down's but never a such as the purge.

/Clear as water.