Yeah, but I'd think most people don't have more than a couple mounts, vs. 3-5 active companions + inactive ones. And ... does the mount cost upgrade it for all chrs, since a mount is account-wide? I'd guess the companion ones don't.

Ah well, the cleric is the only one I'd be mildly interested in upgrading.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm only interested in raising my Acolyte of Kelemvor to purple, she's by far my most useful companion, even if she is a filthy elf.  ;)

Edit:  Also, only some 245 days to go until I get that purple Angel companion.   :wowey:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hehe...that Angel better be awesome. ;)

...the Gateway changes are definitely nice. Loading the game patch now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The changed the picture for guards, they're so gosh darn handsome now.  :)

I got my first smelter and am doing one of the mass crafting jobs.  Gonna make me some axes, though I doubt I'll ever be able to craft anything better or even as good as the Ancient Castle Champion's Sword (which I'm currently trying to get from AH to finish off getting the best gear available) or whatever will be the best GWF weapon with the new expansion.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

LOL! omg, I logged in and was inundated with orange inferno messages! It was hilarious, both that and the comments from it. Ooopsie? Another free cape? Infernoday!

Servers down.

infernoday03.jpg

infernoday02.jpg

I+can+t+stop+laughing+at+that+gif+I+m+li

I just hope whatever freebie they give us for this screw up will actually be useful or a fashion item so it doesn't just take up inventory space like the cat capes.  Or maybe the people will just get to keep the Nightmares.  I really don't care for them myself, I like my Baxter, my worg, better.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Announced: no rollback. No mention whether individ. accounts would be horse-wiped, but I rather doubt it.

...I don't care about horsies either (I have a few already anyway), but a one hour rollback or something didn't seem unfair, if it was possible to do ... but with so many, the AH price will drop like a rock so people who don't have one/didn't exploit can just buy one for themselves.

And it's still hilarious. :lol:

They changed the launcher so it's no longer Chesty McCleric on it.  They managed to replace her with an elf warrior bearing just as much cleavage.  I've yet to come up with a snazzy nickname for her.  Chesty McWarrior just doesn't have that same ring to it.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Jiggles McPuswa

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Haha, I already snagged the Aranea companion off the AH for relatively cheap. Pays to constantly refresh that AH screen sometimes. Now I just need people to sell that Stag mount for something that's not 5million AD.

Btw, someone posted a link to some datamined screenshots of supposed future/upcoming companions and mounts (ones already available are there too, which makes it seem legit to me). I want the leprechaun. :lol: And the Pseudodragon. *wantwantwant* (stupid game....)

http://imgur.com/a/v4G90/noscript

Haha, I already snagged the Aranea companion off the AH for relatively cheap. Pays to constantly refresh that AH screen sometimes. Now I just need people to sell that Stag mount for something that's not 5million AD.

Btw, someone posted a link to some datamined screenshots of supposed future/upcoming companions and mounts (ones already available are there too, which makes it seem legit to me). I want the leprechaun. :lol: And the Pseudodragon. *wantwantwant* (stupid game....)

http://imgur.com/a/v4G90/noscript

What kind of companion is Aranea?  Healer?  Striker? Defender? Wizard?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's a striker. Haven't used it yet...still leveling up my snake woman.

NWO-0124.jpg

:huh:  :mellow::verymad:

...I'm not the only one, either. So far, all indoor instances are affected. Outdoor areas are fine. It's managable when low leveling but I'd guess invisible chr/enemies/floor/walls etc. would make it difficult as you get higher level. Going to test if it's only on newly created chrs.

I finally bothered to start the new Fey area chain. Only just started, but it seems to be based on daily quests in a few small hubs to get keys to be able to open treasure chests at the end of special instances? Plus ya gotta pay AD in the process to access... eg, it's not really story-quest based? Kinda lame.  Not to mention all the teasing of showing elf's with bows ... that ranger class we'll get "someday."

Not sure I'll bother...I'll stick with professions and collecting, as usual. :biggrin:

I haven't bothered with the area at all yet.  I plan to do it once I get enough AD to upgrade my Acolyte of Kelemvor so she can level up while I complete the quests.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Hey Keyrock, got any advice for the GWF skill build? I figure crit. strike, but I have no idea about the skills (soloing). Just want him to be adequate, not uber-geared out.

...I have a lvl60 rogue that I have no clue how to build, either. The only class I know "how to play" is the DC. :lol:

Hey Keyrock, got any advice for the GWF skill build? I figure crit. strike, but I have no idea about the skills (soloing). Just want him to be adequate, not uber-geared out.

...I have a lvl60 rogue that I have no clue how to build, either. The only class I know "how to play" is the DC. :lol:

Sure, I'll take some screenshots of my build and post them here when I get home.  Soloing is a piece of cake pretty much no matter how you build your character, so my build is focused on working in a party.  Luckily, the stuff that works for party play works just as well for soloing for a GWF (whereas a party focused CW build may not work so well for soloing and vice versa).  You have to understand what your role in a party is.  The GWF's role is to dish out steady damage to multiple enemies.  There are ways to build the GWF to be more defense minded, but that's not the GWF's role, that's what the GF is for.  My build is mostly focused on damage, I rely on lifesteal, my Acolyte of Kelemvor, and (in a party) the cleric to keep me alive.  Again, I'll go more in depth and post pics when I get home.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Thanks. :)

I did play all my chrs. some, to lvl 20-30 or so, but then I let praying/Leadership do the rest. So I have no clue about higher lvl building. I look at the feat descriptions in particular and get lost.

qek9nfo.jpg

bsiANhW.jpg

T9Bpx3t.jpg

Nam8KqF.jpg

My At Wills are Sure Strike, for fighting single enemies, and Weapon Master's Strike, which is awesome against groups.  Wicked Strike is just too slow and Reaping Strike takes too long to build up, I find Weapon Master's Strike to be superior to both of those.

My Encounters are all generally single enemy strikes.  This wasn't by design, the group Encounters just didn't fit my build.  Indomitable Battle Strike is the single most damaging Encounter available, it does massive damage, and if you kill the target with it it marks other targets and earns you extra action points, which is always a plus.  Restoring Strike heals you, quite a bit too, for that reason alone I always have it active.  Flourish does a bunch of damage to a single target.  More importantly, it stuns and interrupts.

My Dailies are Slam and Crescendo.  Slam is my bread and butter.  It's a HUGE AoE that does continuous damage, plus slows enemies down making them easier targets for others.  Crescendo I use when there's just one enemy left, usually a boss or champion type.  It does ungodly amounts of damage and knocks enemies prone.  Bosses tend to be immune to stuns and prone, but it's still worth it for the damage.

My Features are Weapon Master, for increased critical chance and Steel Blitz which occasionally gives me extra attacks when fighting multiple enemies (it happens quite often actually).  I used to have Steel Defense, which makes you temporarily immune to damage when using a Daily, instead of Steel Blitz.  Steel Defense is great, but it made the bonus power from my titan set, temporary increased damage resistance when using a Daily, useless.  Having the extra damage resistance the Titan Set granted me allowed me to drop the extra defense gained from Steel Defense in favor of the extra attacks I gain with Steel Blitz.  I do lose some defense, but it's not as big a loss and worth it for the extra damage from the extra attacks.

My feats are all based around increasing my critical chance and severity, increasing the damage I do, increasing action point and determination gain, and enhancing Weapon Master Strike (my bread & butter At Will) and Slam (my bread and butter Daily).  I went down the Destroyer path because it increases how quickly I gain determination.

All my equipment is geared toward critical strike and lifesteal.  Lifesteal to heal myself and keep myself alive (the Acolyte of Kelemvor further increases my lifesteal) and critical strike for obvious reasons.  As a half-orc I also get bonus critical severity, which is definitely a plus, so when I do critical, which happens quite often, I do massive damage, which in turn heals me more via lifesteal.

Flourish and Unstoppable are the two most important tools at my disposal.  Unstoppable, as the name suggests, makes me immune to stuns or knockdowns.  It also gives me a temporary health boost and greatly increases my attack rate.  I do less damage per strike, but with far greater amount of strikes, the DPS definitely increases overall when Unstoppable.  Flourish I use to interrupt enemies' big attacks, particularly ones that stun or knockdown.  Once you've fought enemies enough you learn their patterns and can tell when they are about to use a special attack.  I try to have Unstoppable or flourish handy for those situations so I can either interrupt their special or at least not get stunned or knocked down by it by using Unstoppable.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, I didn't like Reaping Strike much...

...thanks for that, again. I don't think I'll ever be great at "playing" the GWF - DC or Wiz just fits me better - but this gives me a direction to follow so I can at least kill stuff with him. :biggrin:

There were a lot of complaints about GWFs being underpowered, and at low level they are a bit, or at least they were when I was low lev, not horribly underpowered, mind you.  At about lev 30 they become powerful.  Weapon Master Strike makes such a big difference, it's great for taking on 3 or 4 enemies at once, which is exactly what GWFs should be doing, they're designed to fight groups of enemies.  TRs can do damage to a single target faster, but can't do group damage nearly as fast.  Only a CW can rival a GWF in group damage.  CWs have higher spikes in damage, while GWFs can dish out a more steady flow of group damage.  They're definitely not underpowered at level 60, I can say that for sure.  I'm consistently either top dog or #2 in DPS when running dungeons with a group.  They suck in PVP, they're just not built for that (CWs and TRs dominate PVP), but I don't give a **** about PVP.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 2 weeks later...

Holy ****, it finally happened!

kP4loKM.jpg

Good gravy, that took a long time.  :p

In other news, they changed the picture on the gateway login page:

YGBu0aR.jpg

For once it's something that doesn't include gratuitous cleavage.  I mean, even Valindra was flashing some cleavage.  Who wants to see lich boob?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Sorry, didn't notice this until just now. Congrats on the lvl 20 Leadership! Heh. In chat someone else and I were talking about how long it takes, with others going "You're wrong, it doesn't take long, I've gotten mine to level 11/12 in not too much time." To which I and the other person started laughing. :)

I like that they have a "Refine rough AD" button on the Gateway now. Seems to work well, so I finally feel "safe" completing tasks that give AD rewards via the website. Much easier, especially since I now run so many of those. Wish they'd let you view your bank stash there too, as well as your backpack inventory. Ah well, nothing's perfect.

I got enough AD to upgrade my Acolyte of Kelemvor companion to purple.  So now I set out to do the Sharandar stuff and she's gained 2 levels already (the quest reward XP helps a lot).  3 more levels until she's maxed out and becomes a full fledged Doomguide.

:biggrin:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 1 month later...

The Halloween event is rather simple and dull. No special combat, half the things are "temp" wearables, yet another green striker companion etc. Very disappointed the pumpkin-head mask is "temporary." But at least one can just ride around town collecting the charms/tokens via pumpkins so getting those is EZ-PZ. So in less than four hours I had a bunch of the dyes and a couple of the masks I wanted and I'm done. One guess why I wanted the mask. :biggrin:

NWO-0156.jpg