At least I only have 1.5 levels to go and I'll finally have one chr. with maxed Leadership! Those last 3-4 levels really do take an eternity.

I said that over six days ago when Leadership was 18.5, and it's still not lvl 19. Getting fairly close, but ... :lol:

The rest of my alts mix it up between Leader and this pattern:

"Gather high quality ore" x 3, repeat repeat repeat repeat

"Create mass rings/scales" x 3

"Create pants/shirt" x 3, repeat repeat repeat

...sigh. They really need a "Mass gather ore" so you're not stuck in the Gateway every 15 minutes. I'd buy ore off the AH but most of the time there's not much of the middle-level material for sale. Oodles of mithral ore, but not much of the other two. Maybe I should give up on getting that extra crafting slot for having 3 Lvl20's.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm about halfway to lev 17 leadership on my main.  My alt laborer just got to lev 11 leadership (he also has gone up 8 levels doing nothing but leadership jobs and invoking his deity  :lol: ).  My alt actually got a coalescent ward from a coffer of augmentation (small sample size, but it seems the drop rate on those from coffers is about 10%), which promptly got traded to my main and used.  Now I have 4 lesser lifedrinker enchantments.  All I need is 1 more coalescent and I can make a regular lifedrinker enchantment.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Another all-in-one "pack" with unique items for sale ... only $60 this time. Unicorn mount. Another elven type race. Fairy/pixie (?) companion. An outfit. Strangely, even tho all I do anymore is level professions, I still want all the new shiny stuff, particularly when it comes to cool looking mounts or companions/pets. Which isn't to say I'm going to get it. But I still want it. *shakes fist*

Only a bit over a month for the new Fey game-content, too. Might get me back to combat-playing, for a bit.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nothing in the new pack interests me as it's all elf/fearie-centric, and that doesn't appeal to me.  If they put out an orc-centric pack, then they would have my attention.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What? You mean you don't want your giant Orc warrior romping around on a white Unicorn? What's wrong with you, man? That would be awesome! :biggrin:

...yeah, I think they're over-doing it on the elven races a tad, especially when all the elves look the same just with a new face tattoo option. Just a name change mostly. Speaking of lazy art departments ....

They sure know how to time new things to keep that zen/diamond exchange high. :p

...the purple healing companion is going to be desirable, but a random chance from a prof. pack is annoying. It is tempting, however ... especially since the one you get for praying takes a year (or 292 more days, in my case). Ghost companion ... meh. They're never going to release those "level up companion" tomes, are they? :p

Also ... lol, they heard me. Mass ore/resource gathering option now in professions. heh

I'm still going to get that purple angel companion for ardent coins...  Some 9 or 10 months from now.  There's nothing else worth trading those coins for anyway.   

The new purple healer companion does seem cool, but no chance I'm spending Zen for a small chance of getting one.  Screw that.  I'm happy with my Acolyte of Kelemvor.  In theory, some day, far off into the distant future, they will introduce those mythical manuals that will let me upgrade her to a purple companion.  In theory.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

2 to 3 more days later...

NWO-0116.jpg

BUT ... at least ...

NWO-0117.jpg

...someone put one on the AH for 1.4 million AD (instead of 2-5 million) and I snatched it up. :p Also gave up trying to be a cheapskate on the AD to Zen exchange, so I have my tiger mount now, too. Left me with like 150k AD, heh. So I sold some col. wards and other things and back up to 700k AD. I love MMO-economics.

I've reached lvl 19 in Leadership! According to my calculations, if I filled all 7 slots with Leadership tasks, and if I was an auto-bot who never had to sleep so I could change tasks every 2 hours and 40 minutes, I'd have lvl 20 in about 5 days.

But sadly, I am not an auto-bot, so this means it's most likely going to take closer to ... 12-14 days.   :facepalm:

But sadly, I am not an auto-bot

Are you a Decepticon?

decepticon-tradebots.jpg

Hey, LadyC.  I know you're wary of the free earn Zen offers, but at the very least you can do do the radio station one every day.  There's some internet radio called "Radio Loyalty".  It links to it from the earn Zen page.  Anyway, all you do is click on the link, leave the radio station player page open in a tab for a half hour, you can even mute it if you want to, do whatever else you want in the meanwhile (browse in another tab, play a game, make a sandwich, make love to your spouse, whatever), then just come back after a half hour or more and enter in the captcha that pops up when you hit the button that comes up (it's some kind of crappy advertising slogan usually), and voila, 4 free Zen.  It's not much, but it costs you nothing, not even time, since you can do whatever else (or nothing) while it plays. No email, no credit card, no nothing necessary, you just get free Zen for leaving the page open for a half hour, whether you actually listen to it or not.  You can do it once a day, every day.  So you can earn about 120 free Zen a month from this alone for doing nothing.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

At this point I just find it easier to take those hundreds of thousands of AD's I can make and sell them for Zen. One wonders, however, if there will come a point where hardly anyone is buying Zen for people to buy. Still probably some months away before that happens to a game-stopping point, I bet. Hopefully by then I'll have lots of Zen stocked up for whenever they push out new kitty things, haha.

In 2-3 weeks I'll finally get to see what 8 chrs. all firmly concentrating on bringing in as much AD as possible can really do. Depends partially on markets and how dedicated I am. The last being the biggest factor. :lol:

Don't know if you know (or care, heh), Keyrock, but the new Tymora giftboxes that drop (random mobs, anywhere, temporary event) apparently have a good chance to come up dragon egg...so the price for those on the AH has dropped like mad for a while. I got six boxes in an hour in Whispering Caverns (I think that's what it's called) area ... no eggs, but got the decorative crown and other things. Potions seem the most common. Not worth much to me, really, but at least you don't need a key to open them.

Anyway...guess they really want people to make purple pants. :lol:

I didn't even know about the event.  I haven't as much been playing the game lately as playing Neverwinter Gateway.  I'll have to pop into the game proper when I can tear myself away from Shadowrun Returns.  When did this event start and how long does it last?

It sort of doesn't matter though.  Without purple tools there's practically no chance to make a slotted item and purple tools are ridiculously hard/expensive to acquire.  Even with max purple tools, the chance to make the tier 3 item is, what, maybe 25%, if that?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Think it's just a weekend event. It didn't officially start until this morning I think, but for some reason the boxes were dropping last night, before official announcement.

And yeah...if you price it out, it's far cheaper to just buy the pants/shirt from the AH than try to get the crafting tools to have a chance at making one yourself. At least at the moment.

LadyC, if you need a dragon egg, I can mail you one.  I've gotten 3 of them from this event already.  Those boxes drop like crazy in the laboratory.  My theory is that they drop more often from "champion" type enemies and the laboratory is filled with Thoon Hulks and Mindflayer Masterminds, which are pretty much the beefiest enemies short of bosses in the game (still a cakewalk for my GWF).  I've still yet to get one of those crowns, though.  

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well, I finally got the Fools' Crown of Neverwinter.  Sadly it comes character bound, so I can't sell it on the AH, and it's not a fashion item, as I had hoped, but head 'armor' with no stat bonuses, like that cat cloak, so it's useless.  It does look pretty cool, though, so I'll likely hold onto it and wear it in the Protector's Enclave.  Picture in appropriate thread.

Also, is it just me or does 'Tymora's Gift' sound like a euphemism for a venereal disease?  :brows:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I think I have about 6 Eggs from lockboxes, when I was opening those. I didn't get any from the Giftboxes ... but I only farmed about 25-30 of those before I got bored (one of the instance quests I never completed, the Menzo run w/drow, dropped a lot of them in there). Did you get any of the blue "special armor" to find out what those were?

At this point the only thing I seem to like to do is treat this game like a professions/fantasy stockmarket mini-game...that and collecting pets of course. :biggrin: ... mostly because I don't feel like spending too much time with the game actually running.

I got a bunch of blue weapons, they're just the same blue lev 40 weapons you can buy from the astral diamond trader.  I sold some of them just for silver to clear room in my inventory and saved a few to sell in AH later.  The market is flooded with them currently, but later on they may fetch a decent price since I suspect the ones you buy from the trader are likely bind on pickup, if so, I can sell them for a bit under the trader price, if not I'll sell them for silver.

I think I have 9 or 10 eggs total now.  I also got a pair of slotted purple pants.  Now I just need a slotted purple shirt and a bunch of rank 7 enchantments and I think I can get my equip score to about 12k.  (currently 9940)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I have slotted purple shirt and non-slotted purple pants ... can't remember why I chose that route ... probably the price difference vs. the type of slot they come with (offense vs. defense). I was using the War Prophet set for a while because it's full set bonus was kinda handy, then decided I needed more critical hit so now I'm wearing two War Prophet (Recovery bonus) and 2 Grand Templar pieces (Crit. Strike bonus). Seems to work well for solo. Don't have all Rank 7 enchants (none in the shirt yet either) or an armor enhancement rune so my score's at 10600 or so.

Only 2000 more xp until I have a lvl 20 Leadership! ... :p

And I just got a purple slotted shirt, which means:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjTjtJDZomw

All Purpled Out, Don't Know What To Do.

Actually, I do know what to do.  I gotta fill up all those empty enchantment slots.  As it stand my gear score is 10.1k.  I don't want to put scrubber enchantments into my slots because it costs mucho astral diamonds to unslot them, so I'd rather wait to put all rank 7s (or higher but that's not gonna happen).  I estimate I should get to gear score 12k+ with all rank 7s and around 32% critical and 13% lifesteal with an additional 6.6% damage and heal (from Lifedrinker Enchantment).  Once that happens (not any time soon), I'll be nearly indestructible as I'll be healing naturally just from hitting enemies faster than they can damage me, especially when I critical (which will be about 1/3 of the time) which will drive up the amount I heal even more.

Edit:  Also, I'm almost t leadership lev 18.  Good gravy, it takes so freakin' long to level up leadership.  :p

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Woot!  I got a coalescent ward from a coffer which allowed me to finally fuse together my 4 lesser lifedrinker enchantments into a single lifedrinker enchantment, which I promptly slotted into my axe.  I was off on the amount of extra damage/health gain it gives, it's 6.1% not 6.6%, but oh well.  Curiously, it didn't affect my gear score at all.  Now I guess I need to go out and adventure or something to try it out and see if I can notice the difference in damage and healing.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finally... only took, what, 2.6 months? Now to finish that Platesmithing for the 3-professions extra slot.

NWO-0118.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Patch notes for Fey release day: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=965141

...I keep forgetting about the new professions. That should keep me busy a while, since most of my alts have nothing to do anymore but get the last level or two of Leadership.

...haha, they improved the "cloth collision" which hopefully will keep my dresses from doing weird things so often.

...the salvager is interesting. At least you can get rid of Epics for something other than useless gold. Course, they didn't raise the max limit for refining rough AD.

...WHAT?! BoE items not binding to companions wasn't intentional?? Dang it! Now I'll have to be more careful what I put on them, just like with pet runes - kinda lame.

...the AD charge to upgrade companions, from what I hear, is very steep. Like 750k to go from blue to purple.

...the AD charge to upgrade companions, from what I hear, is very steep. Like 750k to go from blue to purple.

That's cheaper than I expected.  It costs 2 mil to raise a mount from blue to purple.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸