The Omni

Bokishi

Strafing is just running forward with your head looking sideways. You don't actually have to run sideways you know.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Strafing is just running forward with your head looking sideways. You don't actually have to run sideways you know.

That would be pretty awkward in a living room. Running sideways, that is.

Btw, I do like the size of the unit. At least it's not a ginormous footprint like an average treadmill. Not all of us have big houses with big rooms. Still, having to have two of them for local co-op would start to feel a bit cumbersome. I guess you could put them in different rooms but it's still a large piece of furniture for something that pretty much is only designed for games. Plus, my cat would freak out. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Haven't they had those around for a while?

I remember in the late 90s/early 00s that there were machines that looked a LOT like that which you could walk (not run, so that's an improvement granted) and you wore these huge glasses or whatever you want to call them, like what you see in the picture there, that were 3d so you could see things up and personal.

Not quite the same thing, but even now, we have this bike that hooks up to the TV and you can bike casually and the TV shows it as if you are biking through, or play games such as races or obstacle courses or such.

Still, nifty device, but is it really new or simply an upgrade of what we've already had?

PS: On the otherhand, they cost a LOT more than the $1000 price point these guys are looking for in relation to the Omni.  The first machines I talked about with 3d cost so much that I normally saw them with wandering merchants at carnivals and fairs and such, no normal person could afford them that I knew of.

The bike on the otherhand...barely affordable, depending on which one you get.  I think they have a REALLY cheap kids one too though, and that is easily affordable...

Edited by greylord