Now that you released the first video...

@Lady Crimson - would hte amount of light depend on the ambient lighting?

From the graphics video we have seen it looks like it's a clear night with the moon out.

If there are clouds or a storm brewing, I can certanly see it looking darker.

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

^Ooh indeed! Cloudy days.

Additionally, let's not forget:

Flying monster~:

dragtest_zps7ebd27ca.jpg

"Not-Pretty" Clouds:

cloudstest_zpse59b7c82.jpg

"Not Pretty" Basic concept:
perspectiveX_zps11b8ac5f.jpg
Cam  = Camera
Mons = Monster
Cloud = Cloud
Horizontal Line = Rendered Map

@Lady Crimson - would hte amount of light depend on the ambient lighting?

From the graphics video we have seen it looks like it's a clear night with the moon out.

If there are clouds or a storm brewing, I can certanly see it looking darker.

Ideally, yes.

I still would like outdoor-night to be generally a bit darker than in the video. Again, not pitch black. But something that makes me feel like there's more of a visibility difference, even if torches aren't a necessity. But as mentioned previously, if they have a reasonable world explanation for very bright night skies (multiple moons, a ton more night-stars than real-Earth has etc), I'd be fine accepting that, as long as it's consistent.

Deep dungeons should still be very dark tho, imo, without light sources. And I'd be fine with something like helmet/headlamp gear or lantern vs. a hand-held torch, too. :) Torches should stack, btw. I like it in a recent game I've been playing where you can place torches on walls and such as you go...that way you don't have to actually carry in hand, just have a stack in inventory and periodically pause to place one...and once placed, they stay there unless you remove them.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Im not against a "light source", Im against minutia. I don't want to have any mechanics in place whos sole purpose is to add a layer of busywork in the name of being "tactical". I don't want to eat/drink, I don't want to use the potty and I don't want to have to treat the blisters my party will get humping back and forth from rest points. If there is some method to abstractly represent a light source that doesn't force crap mechanics then Im all for it. :thumbsup:

The problem with that statement is that wether or not something adds tactics and mroe choices is rather objective.

Wether or not something is busywork is not.

Things that you might consider boring is something that someone else might consider FUNFUNFUN.

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Im not against a "light source", Im against minutia. I don't want to have any mechanics in place whos sole purpose is to add a layer of busywork in the name of being "tactical". I don't want to eat/drink, I don't want to use the potty and I don't want to have to treat the blisters my party will get humping back and forth from rest points. If there is some method to abstractly represent a light source that doesn't force crap mechanics then Im all for it. :thumbsup:

The problem with that statement is that wether or not something adds tactics and mroe choices is rather objective.

Wether or not something is busywork is not.

Things that you might consider boring is something that someone else might consider FUNFUNFUN.

Yes, that's why I used "I" before every statement, to signify MY preference. I would have thought that was obvious.