Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #47: Odds and Ends

project eternity josh sawyer prototype torment dwarven forge kickin it forward

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

VladWorks

VladWorks

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Wow really, really nice fellas! Cant wait for the two week mark.... looking forward to seeing this in action. Just wondering though, will you show us screenshots or a live feed of some alpha gameplay (like Shadowrun guys did).

Blackstream

Blackstream

Wanderer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Cool. They are fun to watch but I'm surprised really there's so much interest in it.

Lets plays actually seem quite popular on youtube, I guess people are interested in seeing how other people play and how the experience differs to their own? 

I sometimes watch lets plays to see how other people do stuff, but my main use of lets plays is a way to preview and review a game. Screw big news site reviews, watching someone else play the game is a million times better.

• Lephys likes this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9121 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Cool. They are fun to watch but I'm surprised really there's so much interest in it.

Lets plays actually seem quite popular on youtube, I guess people are interested in seeing how other people play and how the experience differs to their own?

I sometimes watch lets plays to see how other people do stuff, but my main use of lets plays is a way to preview and review a game. Screw big news site reviews, watching someone else play the game is a million times better.

Yeah, that's why I usually watch Let's Play's, too. I don't often watch entire Let's Plays's ... I'll jump/skip around the first couple, to get an idea of interface/gameplay without spoiling myself too much. I find that a lot more helpful than written descriptions. But occasionally a LP-er is very entertaining/funny, if you're familiar with the game already, and then I'll watch for the comedy hilarity/the LP's charisma...but that's not often.

J.E. Sawyer

J.E. Sawyer

Project Director

• Developers+
  • 2995 posts

Wow really, really nice fellas! Cant wait for the two week mark.... looking forward to seeing this in action. Just wondering though, will you show us screenshots or a live feed of some alpha gameplay (like Shadowrun guys did).

We're going to show the exterior environment running in game, but gameplay may be limited/absent.  We're not as far along in our development cycle as the Shadowrun (or Wasteland 2) teams.

• WorstUsernameEver, Darth Trethon, mstark and 1 other like this

Serrano

Serrano

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1205 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

All the same, the waterfall area is already impressive as a still so it's going to be great seeing it in motion.

Edited by Serrano, 01 April 2013 - 10:41 AM.

matternicuss

matternicuss

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Can't wait to see more of the environmental artwork, and to see them in motion! I'm very pleased that the art team seems to have embraced a full color palette, rather than the drab monochromatic games that embrace brown and grey in an attempt to look 'realistic'. It was one of the things I loved about the Witcher 2, and Baldur's Gate 2 for that matter.

While I'm pleased to see that prerendered backgrounds are making a comeback (and they look gorgeous), I have but one concern; can we expect to see multiple camera angles in certain spots, since you are using fully 3D polygon character models (to my knowledge)? It would be neat, for instance, if you incorporated those still-frame environmental puzzles as shown, but instead of switching to a sketch that represents it (like in days of yore), you simply switch to a lower, and more dramatic camera angle. Also, it would be nice to have screens that show the sky. I know it sounds really nitpicky, but one of my few complaints with the IE games was that you never got to see the sky apart from cutscenes:(

In any case, this looks great, and I can't wait to see the next update! 

Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Grey Eminence of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

With PE and Torment things are certainly looking up right now...

• Malekith likes this

LordShifu

LordShifu

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

How come there's only four members at the bridge?? Its supposed to be six membered party based...... or did the two guys fell off the bridge while making the jump cause the got a lower number in their dice rolls??? I mean does this kind of things can happen at the game... or is just a drawing thats it??

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Kickstarter Backer

How come there's only four members at the bridge?? Its supposed to be six membered party based...... or did the two guys fell off the bridge while making the jump cause the got a lower number in their dice rolls??? I mean does this kind of things can happen at the game... or is just a drawing thats it??

If this screenshot is from early in the game, you may not have access to more than 4 party members yet.

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5069 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ehh... this can't be a serious post.

balladur's gates

balladur's gates

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

131PSHL410.jpg    morion helmets are also welcome !

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Because... during the cold, harsh winter, food was scarce, and the group was forced to eat Robin's minstrels...

And there was much rejoicing... "Yayyyyyyyy..."

• Elerond, Hormalakh and JFSOCC like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: project eternity, josh sawyer, prototype, torment, dwarven forge, kickin it forward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users