Play Ball! the 2013 Baseball Thread

Guard Dog

I love reading through Bestfansinbaseball. Did I mention how much I can't stand Cardinal fans?

LOL.  My team managed to go up against one of the few teams with a fanbase more obnoxious than our own.  Vastly more obnoxious in this case. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wow, great day for Red Sox nation, and certain cat loving & rodent loving board members! One thing about this season, the best team did indeed win.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I guess I can really start watching football now!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, I can also now mainly concentrate on the NFL.  That's not necessarily a good thing, though, as I'm a Cowboys fan and this is our team theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Anyway, there's always hot stove.  ;)

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

One last paragraph about the Sawx, then I'll give it a rest.

It was meant to be this year.  Everything fell into place.  Lackey was finally fully healthy and finally became they guy they were hoping he would be.  Buchholz came back strong and was at least healthy for half of the season.  New arrivals Victorino, Napoli, and Gomes gave the team more than most people thought they would (Napoli and Gomes not so much in overall stats, but with big timely hits).  Koji Uehara was essentially picked up off the scrapheap and after not one but two closers went down with season ending injuries, he inexplicably turned into 1990 Dennis Eckersley (okay, I may be overstating that one just a little bit).  You can't really duplicate a season like this, but it will be interesting to watch them try next year.  ;)

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Congrats to the Red Sox.  Total beat down on the cards.

Boston had a great offseason.  :)

Uehara wasn't on the scrapheap in Texas last year.    He did a couple of early stints on DL which cut his innings down, but his stats for the year were good,  Most Ranger fans really wanted to sign him.  He just got caught up in a numbers / salary game.  The Rangers had a bunch of young arms that were ready to move up and were cheaper.   I don't think anyone would have predicted that Koji was going to have a year like he had.   :)

Napoli was another guy I hated to see go.  But the Rangers weren't going to match his salary demands with the issues around his hip.   If we could have gotten him on the same revised terms as Boston did, I think we would have signed him in a heartbeat.  AJP was a cheaper option, but he sucks in the clubhouse.  AJP is gone if we can find any sort of decent replacement.

Dempster was no loss as our stuff was going to be loaded anyway.  Injuries totally screwed that plan up,  The Rangers used 11 different starting pitchers and the trade for Garza was forced.