PS4

Bokishi

I used to collect things for years too.  Heck, I kept floppy discs for years after I ceased to even have a computer with a functional floppy drive.  Adapting to digital distribution was weird at first, but now I wouldn't have it any other way.  If I never handle another CD or DVD I'll be just fine.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have some 5 1/4 inch floppy disks at home that I used on a dos PC.  lewl.

Actually now that I think about it, I think I have windows 3.1 install disks (3.5 inch) at home...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Every time I go to buy a new console, I sell the old one.  I've done this since I owned an NES and sold it to the kid down the street to get an SNES.  There is just too much new stuff for me to worry about the old stuff, and as I already stated, the great stuff gets redone for the new generation.

Every time I go to buy a new console, I put the old one in its original box.  With the exception of the Atari 2600 which I'd bought a plastic container designed to hold the console and its games (and the whole thing now sits in a box).  And my NES, C64 and SegaCD which were bought secondhand.

But I admit to being a bit of a hoarder, in that sense.  I've only recently started to get myself away from keeping the packaging games come with (putting them instead in folder sleeve container things). :(

I've never sold an old console. Prices are too low, and you know a functioning "antique" console will be worth a lot more than its original MSRP decades out. Unfortunately, don't have the boxes for anything predating PS2. So that'll hit the collectors' value in 50+ years. Even some 15-20 year old games sell for 2-4x their original retail value these days (no "Greatest Hits" editions allowed!)

Back in the 90s it was "common knowledge" that these things would never accrue in value over time, but I'm sure most people said that about what they bought new in the 1850s, 1900s and 1950s, as well. Obviously there's a difference between this and hoarding (hoarders keep actual garbage and sell nothing, even if it has great monetary value.)

Admittedly, Elvis Presley's used underwear failed to sell at a recent auction.

Anyway, I only just bought a PS3 in January (just to play a single game that I know will never appear on PC, yes it was worth the $300 total cost,) so it'll be a long while before I get a PS4 so long as I've got a gaming PC.

I actually started to sell off some of my old console stuff.  Some guys at work are collecting SNES games and I sold them most of my library.  Hoping that the one collector will take the Ren and Stimpy game just so his collection has it :D

Sit on it longer. They're going to become more rare and more valued by collectors as time goes on. When these guys are 50-60+ the nostalgia value is going to skyrocket the price you can get. Edited by AGX-17

i actually am tempted to start buying old consoles and such now

i get strong nostalgia for NES and genesis games, and all my systems are in pretty bad condition.  buying a genesis in like-new condition along with the best 30 or so games for that system would be really satisfying to me now, and i shudder to think how much that will cost me in about 20 more years

edit:  its because of my losing my old systems that i am very protective of my more modern ones.  my n64 and ps2/1games etc still get played now and then, though i kind of want to buy a new ps2 sometime soon since the ps3 and ps4 are not backwards compatible.

i loved that the wii played gamecube games so i could box up my gamecube, but now the wii U lacks bc so my tv will eventually have

an n64, a ps2, a gamecube, a wiiU, an x360, a ps3 and a ps4....  its getting a little stupid

maybe i should just invest some time in building an emulator pc i can hook up to my tv with roms of all my games.... i have a MASSIVE game library I've built up over the years, if i could play it all using one box that would be pretty convenient

the box would need ports for multiple controller types though, i'll be damned before i play ocarina of time on a dualshock

edit: if someone here has ever built such a setup, or knows anyone who has, let me know, the project would be much easier if i had instructions to follow lol

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Lot of you maybe already seen this... not much about PS4, more like about games we should see next generation...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6905-New-Generation-Old-Bullsh-t

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours