This is kinda technical and probably not what someone would expect when entering a thread with this title, but I just wanted to make a request as a programmer towards fellow programmers in Obsidian.

Project Eternity is, of course, going to simulate dice rolls and otherwise generate random numbers for whatever reason. With that in mind, I'm asking you, nay, begging you, please oh please don't just use the lame rand PRNG from cstdlib for random number generation. Use something better, like Mersenne twister, which is available in STL in C++11.

I'm kinda pedantic and I'm irked when programs and video games which use pseudo-random number generation extensively use a bad PRNG.

So yeah... that's all.

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

There are random number generators linked to atomic decay or background radiation in our atmosphere. Though that would probably require an always on-internet connection.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.