Update #35: Meet the Developers - Dimitri Berman

rjshae, Falkon - you can expect to have a large variety of loot to find and attain, including shields, armor, weapons, and other stuff. I don't actually know the full list of stuff because that's something designers come up with and hand it off to us. Maybe Josh will make a post some time about it? As far as procedural damage on characters, that's something that we are still discussing. The difference between our game and Batman is the sheer volume of equipment your character will have, which changes things. It's usually a lot harder to do this sort of thing in an RPG with lots of loot, but not impossible.

rjshae, Falkon - you can expect to have a large variety of loot to find and attain, including shields, armor, weapons, and other stuff. I don't actually know the full list of stuff because that's something designers come up with and hand it off to us. Maybe Josh will make a post some time about it? As far as procedural damage on characters, that's something that we are still discussing. The difference between our game and Batman is the sheer volume of equipment your character will have, which changes things. It's usually a lot harder to do this sort of thing in an RPG with lots of loot, but not impossible.

I would think its just a matter of creating alpha maps that reveal or hide the texture being used that the programers call forth at certain thresholds instead of painting multiple textures. Seemed pretty simple to me. Maybe a tools programer could create a tool that randomly generates some patterns for alpha maps on the textures being used? You could go a step further with blood, but that's more than what I was suggesting.

Luis Royo is my 3rd :) and Yosh*tako Amano is definitely an inspiration. Great artists all around.

The game needs sexier visuals! Objects, architecture, females, all need to be decorated properly... and maybe with a bit more flair than some of the gothic type stuff I'm seeing from googling Luis Royo. This [external link] is really nice. I do like some middle eastern/japanese style in clothing and ornaments, though in that picture it's not the clothing that is interesting. Nor is it in this one [external link].

Edited by Game_Exile

Zdislaw. This man has good taste; I'm anxious to see if how much influence will be taken from him in some of the more out-there pieces.

I'm fairly sure his influence in PE will be pretty minimal, unless you can find certain characteristics that fit the general ambiance and mood of the game.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png