Mouse Trap

Nepenthe

This came up in the Razer Spyware thread... My trusty logitech g1 has worn down to the point where it scratching my mouse mat so I'm forced to upgrade. It's been a pretty good friend to me, delivering it's rather spartan functions at a very high quality... Here's a picture in memory of it :p

72149_logitechg1.jpg

Now, since I've been using something like that for ages, I'm obviously completely out of the loop regarding what the cool kids use these days. My only actual requirement is that it must work in both Win 7 and OS X Mountain Lion without issues. The only gaming I foresee in the near future is some BGEE and fairly light SWTOR. Obviously not used to "MMO Mice", but not too old to learn... Basic useability still comes first. Any ideas?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ideally you would have some well stocked physical store where you live?

Not one to speak, having used the same Microsoft Intellipoint 5 button mouse for almost a decade, but the single most important thing for me was whether or not the physical shape felt "comfortable" in my hand (and I got size XXL hands) ;)

Second priority was the number of buttons as I've grown fond of multiple button shortcuts over the years, but it would take the back seat to the actual shape of the mouse. Speaking of which, my current one looks at least superficially like a similar shape to the one pictured.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, but they're all in their neat little packages so I can get a picture of the size, but little else.

Yeah, but they're all in their neat little packages so I can get a picture of the size, but little else.

Yeah, that sure helps =]

Sorry, not much help then. I've got a programmable mouse with its own lcd display, memory and processor and a gazillion features, but I use it mostly for 3D applications, not for gaming. Gives a bit of self esteem and bragging rights, but that about it. I chose it mostly because it looked like my old mouse. Insert some Norman Bates reference here.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Why do you need to upgrade

This came up in the Razer Spyware thread... My trusty logitech g1 has worn down to the point where it scratching my mouse mat so I'm forced to upgrade.

There were some nice small dots included with my A4-Tech X7 for just a case like that where the sticker would be worn down.. Maybe you were not so lucky, that Logitech had that foresight and customer service at the time, but maybe you could be. Why not look for new bumber stickers to add to the bottom?

(Signatures: disabled) 

Why do you need to upgrade

This came up in the Razer Spyware thread... My trusty logitech g1 has worn down to the point where it scratching my mouse mat so I'm forced to upgrade.

There were some nice small dots included with my A4-Tech X7 for just a case like that where the sticker would be worn down.. Maybe you were not so lucky, that Logitech had that foresight and customer service at the time, but maybe you could be. Why not look for new bumber stickers to add to the bottom?

I dunno, it seems kind of diseased too. I'm examining my options, at any rate. And no, definitely no stickers, at had some sort of teflon thing going on for those...

• 3 weeks later...

Teflon stickers are easily available over amazon.

Your mouse is probably suffering from the "gone out of fashion syndrome". The only cure is to spend a lot of money on your next mouse.

:biggrin:

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Judging by what you intend to play you don't need more than a genius 5$ mouse. A gamer mouse is only useful for competitive FPS gaming, and even there I recall the most persistent players decimating everyone with the cheapest mice available.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

• 4 weeks later...

Teflon stickers are easily available over amazon.

Your mouse is probably suffering from the "gone out of fashion syndrome". The only cure is to spend a lot of money on your next mouse.

:biggrin:

It's suffering more from the "starting to look a bit dodgy" syndrome, tbh. :p

I been using the Madcatz Rat 7, it's really great for customizing, you can literally shape the mouse into whatever you want it to be, and decide how much you want it to weigh, the 6400 dpi laser allows for fast tracking between multiple screens, while still being precise when you need it to be