US Election 2012...the aftermath

Guard Dog

Didn't the auto bailout get paid back in full with interest?  Or was that the bank bailout?

I've heard both that we've come out fine, and that we're gonna lose. I think it's "They paid back the loans with interest, but america still holds stock in the company that'll be sold at a loss."

GM repaid the TARP loan with other TARP funds that was set aside for future GM problems. Sounds almost too goofy to be true but it is.

• 3 years later...

And here is what we all thought about 2012

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

To insert something else here...

Since he can't make another Hellboy, Ron Perlman is going to run for President in 4 years.

Having recently come to terms with never completing a Hellboy trilogy, Ron Perlman’s now considering a career in public service. The Hand Of God actor, perhaps emboldened by the knowledge that any idiot can win the White House, took to Facebook the day after the presidential election to announce his future candidacy.

“I am hereby using my immense Facebook presence to announce my candidacy for President of United States, 2020,” Perlman posted, next to a picture of himself with his hand over his heart. The actor soon followed up the seemingly earnest gesture with a joke about Donald Trump’s great—sorry, “tremendous”—wall plans for the U.S.-Mexico border.

Good stuff, Perlman. That’s precisely the kind of wit you’ll need to run against Kanye West, who’s also looking to set up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in four years. We’ll have to wait to hear their platforms—assuming anyone will run on one after this election—but we have to admit, we’d enjoy saying “All rise for President Hellboy.” Guillermo Del Toro hasn’t weighed in on Perlman’s political aspirations, but he’s presumably relieved that his Hellboy and Trollhunters star has found something else to focus on. In the meantime, can we start brainstorming slogans for Perlman—you know, something along the lines of “I’ve been to hell and back”? Or is that just going to apply to everyone in four years?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Great, now we get a redundant thread but with spam. You could've just linked to it GD. http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/62224-us-election-2012the-aftermath/page-15

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan