noob 2:where do I go for help/advice

Biomorph

Hi I'm new to this forum as I have given up trying to get anything from bioware.

I have a game: NWN2 which I think may be mis-behaving.... I'm not sure???. I would like to ask the community, if it still exists, whether anyone can help either to reassure me that the behaviour is OK or whether something is really amiss. Could any kind soul out there tell me where to start.

This is the official forums, not very active: http://social.biowar...egory/172/index

The Steam forum for the game is not very active, but you can check it for similar problems: http://forums.steamp...play.php?f=1060

Or you could just tell us what the problem is. I've played it pretty recently so I might have an idea.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hi Thanks for the reply. My problem is that when I equip an armor only the armor bonus is added e.g. if I equip a medium armor class 3 with a bonus of +1 only the +1 is added to my basic stat. I've experimented by spawning everything from light (class 1) to heavy (class 8) and the behaviour seems consistent. I'm fairly sure it didn't operate like that in the original NWN. I've searched the forums but can't find anything. Is this behaviour normal? if it is why bother with a heavh armor with its penalties to dexterity?

Moved to the general gaming section. If anybody around here still plays the game, they are more likely to find it here :)

Not sure about the specific problem, but it took me a while to work out which bonuses stack and which don't (some add up, some just give you the best of the pick). As for heavy armour, it makes sense on "fighter" types who hopefully have allocated their attribute points in things like strength and constitution rather than dexterity.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I could use more detail to make sure you're not misunderstanding anything somewhere.

Unequip all equipment from the character. What's the character's armor rating?

Now equip the armor. What armor is it and what's the new rating?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I can't really remember how it went, but could it be that there is a confusion between natural AC and actual AC?

The magic modifier of equipment, such as the magic medium armor +3 could be added to natural AC. The enchantment's protection is in effect even while the character is immobilised. So a human with a natural AC of 10 would have a AC of 7 wearing said armor even while under the effect of a hold person spell - while the weaknesses of the armor can be exploited with the character immobilised, the enchantment is still in effect and has no specific weak spot.

So an unarmored human has an AC of 10.

A human wearing an unenchanted version of the armor has a natural AC of 10 and an effective AC of 3.

A human wearing the enchanted version has a natural AC of 7 and an effective AC of 0.

Does that make sence or am I completly off base here?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

That's 2e where lower AC = better rather than 3e where higher is better.

I've been replaying NWN2 myself and not run into any problems with AC. Lots of scripting/AI issues, but no outright bugs.

eh, showing my age again :)

Then just turn the minuses into pluses then, the basic thought stays the same :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).